S&C "Callback card"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:55 pm

I did a screener with S&C today and am competitive grade-wise but not a lock. At the beginning of the interview, the interviewer gave me a card entitled "What to expect if you receive a callback invitation" that he called a "callback card." The front of the card says those receiving callbacks will get a phoencall within a few days. The back, however, says that S&C hosts a dinner that evening for students receiving callbacks and will be invited via email following the conclusion of the day's interviews.

I was not invited to a dinner, but I know for a fact that the dinner happened. But I also know that not everyone who interviewed with them received that card.

Did anyone else receive the card and not get an invite? So confused. I thought receiving the card in the first place was a great sign.

User avatar
fatduck
Posts: 4186
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby fatduck » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I did a screener with S&C today and am competitive grade-wise but not a lock. At the beginning of the interview, the interviewer gave me a card entitled "What to expect if you receive a callback invitation" that he called a "callback card." The front of the card says those receiving callbacks will get a phoencall within a few days. The back, however, says that S&C hosts a dinner that evening for students receiving callbacks and will be invited via email following the conclusion of the day's interviews.

I was not invited to a dinner, but I know for a fact that the dinner happened. But I also know that not everyone who interviewed with them received that card.

Did anyone else receive the card and not get an invite? So confused. I thought receiving the card in the first place was a great sign.

he gave you the card at the beginning of the interview. what does that tell you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:05 pm

jw is this NY or DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:jw is this NY or DC?


OP here.
NY.

To the poster above, I get your point but a) he didn't give it to everyone and b) i got invited to another top firm's dinner at the beginning of the interview.

User avatar
Haymarket
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:09 pm

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Haymarket » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Is the text of the card not self-explanatory?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Got a callback tonight.
.
No dinner invite though the day of the interview, but the back of my "Callback Card" is different than how you described

Do you go to CLS?

The back of the letter says "We will be hosting an offer dinner for Columbia students to give you the opportunity to meet more of our lawyers in a casual setting and to learn more about S&C.

Wednesday, September 12th
6:30 PM

--Location--"

Every person got one that I knew. Maybe for those that DIDN'T get one, maybe the interviewer forgot? Or felt awkward about giving it out to every person and refused to hand it out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a callback tonight.
.
No dinner invite though the day of the interview, but the back of my "Callback Card" is different than how you described

Do you go to CLS?

The back of the letter says "We will be hosting an offer dinner for Columbia students to give you the opportunity to meet more of our lawyers in a casual setting and to learn more about S&C.

Wednesday, September 12th
6:30 PM

--Location--"

Every person got one that I knew. Maybe for those that DIDN'T get one, maybe the interviewer forgot? Or felt awkward about giving it out to every person and refused to hand it out?


I don't go to CLS (lower T14, if that outs me, whatever). Mine doesn't have a location on it, and obviously the dinner was a callback dinner not an offer dinner. I guess you impliedly addressed my question, though, and I guess S&C likes to give all applicants the dates of their next rounds.

Seems stupid: if you are going to extend a callback/offer, give the person the details when you do so. No sense making me feel bad about not getting invited to something I would ahve had no idea about otherwise.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:49 pm

yeah, it's pretty tacky.

I mean, every CLS person could technically show up to this thing. It has the date, time, and location. I wouldn't put it past my ass burger classmates to do so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: S&C "Callback card"

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:yeah, it's pretty tacky.

I mean, every CLS person could technically show up to this thing. It has the date, time, and location. I wouldn't put it past my ass burger classmates to do so.


Agreed. I just felt like the text on mine was telling me to reserve time for dinner. Oh well. Great firm, but f that. Onto the next ones.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.