Paul Weiss CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Paul Weiss CB

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Paul Weiss callbacks offer a number of scheduling options including 10:30 am interview with lunch afterwards, 1pm interview that begins with lunch, and the straight two hour interview that has no lunch included. There is also an option to attend a 4pm orientation followed by an interview from 5-7PM. Any ideas about what the best option to take would be?

Does it make a difference if I choose the no lunch option? On the one hand I think it's good to get in and get out without messing it up. On the other hand, I think it may be a good idea to get as much face time as possible. Any suggestions?

gyarados

Re: Paul Weiss CB

Postby gyarados » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Obviously they don't consider one of their interview options to be the "no offer track", so you shouldn't be thinking about this too hard. I personally would get lunch because it shows interest and because I like free lunch.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:14 pm

personally I hate lunch so I would go for the lunchless option. I just feel like there's so much that can go wrong, and i prefer to stuff my face in peace.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Gonna keep this vague, but they take you to a really nice lunch and it's a fun time. I don't think it matters though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm

I went on a PW CB and I REALLY didn't want to do lunch, but did it because of fear of indicating a lack of interest.

It turned out to be really great and I'm so glad I did it. Great people at lunch.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Wtf do you people talk about at lunch for ~40+ minutes?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wtf do you people talk about at lunch for ~40+ minutes?

Whatever comes up. Interests, hobbies, news, plans for the week/weekend, advice about being a summer, things coming up you're excited about.

Kinda just be a normal human being.

simpletimes

Postby simpletimes » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wtf do you people talk about at lunch for ~40+ minutes?

if you've spoken to a person before this shouldn't be a tough question.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Lunches are very hit or miss. A firm with 600+ attorneys like PW is going to have its share of troglodytes, socialites, people like you, people nothing like you, etc. I had some miserable CB lunches and some absolutely delightful "omg these people are so awesome" CB lunches.

I'd still air on the side of doing them, because it's more information for you. I chose my firm after meeting something like 15+ attorneys, which made me much more certain of my choice than had I just done a screener + 4 CB interviews.

Return to “Legal Employment”