calback thank you emails

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: calback thank you emails

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:Every single fucking year I swear! Geez it does not matter, your situation is not unique; send error free thank you cards or emails if you want to, or don't send them if you don't feel like it. This is TCR. Can we just sticky one of these damn topics?

Thank you. The point is that whether you do it or not, there is <.01% chance your decision was changed one way or the other based on either sending or not sending a thank you email. I do it to be nice, but I doubt it matters. I've sent 8 so far and have received 4 replies. It really doesn't matter.

Re: calback thank you emails

Postby thesealocust » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:New twist to this--I get that in major markets, even after CBs, sending thank you emails is more of a way to screw up than anything that can actually help and therefore, it won't hurt not to send. However, if one gets taken out to lunch at the end of a CB, does that extra activity require a thank you?

No. That is standard operating procedure.

Return to “Legal Employment”