WUSTL EIW 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything about Husch KC?


I don't go to WUSTL (so sorry for the thread trolling), but I have an offer with Husch KC.

No worries. Looking at NALP it looks like the KC office takes primarily 1Ls, and just keeps them through 2L. Did they tell you anything along the lines of how many 2L SA's they plan on having next summer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything about Husch KC?


I don't go to WUSTL (so sorry for the thread trolling), but I have an offer with Husch KC.

No worries. Looking at NALP it looks like the KC office takes primarily 1Ls, and just keeps them through 2L. Did they tell you anything along the lines of how many 2L SA's they plan on having next summer?


They will be having 10 2L SAs next summer. 4 of which will be 1Ls from last summer returning for their 2L summer. So that leaves 6 spots for new 2Ls. Not sure how many 1Ls they will be hiring next summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:10 am

i think our class is faring better than expected. i have now heard of several people who have things lined up for next summer. of course, i know many people who don't have something lined up yet, as well-- but i feel as if based on my own friend groups roughly 30% of the class have a job already for next summer. Those that don't have jobs yet, are interviewing and hustling-- but aren't doomsday depressed.

i think this is ahead of what the situation was last year, but i could be wrong.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i think our class is faring better than expected. i have now heard of several people who have things lined up for next summer. of course, i know many people who don't have something lined up yet, as well-- but i feel as if based on my own friend groups roughly 30% of the class have a job already for next summer. Those that don't have jobs yet, are interviewing and hustling-- but aren't doomsday depressed.

i think this is ahead of what the situation was last year, but i could be wrong.


30% of the class have jobs already? I seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that...CSO had the # of people with offers at 14 last time I checked (though I think that's low, but still...). From talking to people, it's been particularly brutal for people outside the top 10-15%.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Anybody know anything about Thompson Coburn offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 pm

i know personally more than 14... i know of atleast 25 people who have announced offers in conversation or passing...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i think our class is faring better than expected. i have now heard of several people who have things lined up for next summer. of course, i know many people who don't have something lined up yet, as well-- but i feel as if based on my own friend groups roughly 30% of the class have a job already for next summer. Those that don't have jobs yet, are interviewing and hustling-- but aren't doomsday depressed.

i think this is ahead of what the situation was last year, but i could be wrong.

Haha I love optimism but 30% is a pretty crazy high estimate. I'd say you have a pretty solid group of friends grade-wise. I have enough friends who are in the top 20% (and personable) who don't have offers to make me doubt it. Never mind the fact that I dunno if many people outside the top 20%, maybe top third, even got screeners with firms at OCI. I'd love to hear some anecdotal evidence about this though, as well as where your 25+ friends with offers place grade-wise.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:10 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Got an email from TC saying they are finishing their callbacks from OCI this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an email from TC saying they are finishing their callbacks from OCI this week.


Are you aware of any offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Bryan Cave offer (about a month post-CB)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an email from TC saying they are finishing their callbacks from OCI this week.


Are you aware of any offers?

Nope. TBH I'm not even sure if they meant making callbacks or actually performing callback interviews...but I think it's the former.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Bump.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:10 am

Anybody hear anything recently?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody hear anything recently?

Thompson Coburn CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody hear anything recently?

Thompson Coburn CB



This week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody hear anything recently?

Thompson Coburn CB



This week?

Yep.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:43 pm

apparently lewis rice was only looking for one 2L summer associate this year... good times...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Any TC offers this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything about Husch KC?


I don't go to WUSTL (so sorry for the thread trolling), but I have an offer with Husch KC.

No worries. Looking at NALP it looks like the KC office takes primarily 1Ls, and just keeps them through 2L. Did they tell you anything along the lines of how many 2L SA's they plan on having next summer?


They will be having 10 2L SAs next summer. 4 of which will be 1Ls from last summer returning for their 2L summer. So that leaves 6 spots for new 2Ls. Not sure how many 1Ls they will be hiring next summer.


I'm a future Husch KC SA. They told me they might have 11 2L summer associates and 5-6 1L next year. According to the hiring chair, there's no science to the number of 1L slots, except that they don't hire more than they'll have 2L slots for the following summer. Apparently 5 of 6 1L summer associates from last year got an offer and 1 of the 5 went to another city.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:42 pm

^ poster above. I will also be a 2l SA with Husch Kc next summer. This is what they told me as well. Are you from kc? If not, I would be happy to provide any advice as far as apartment locations, etc

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Any Thompson Coburn offers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:04 pm

which office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273166
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: WUSTL EIW 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Sorry for thread trolling but this popped up when I did a search on another firm. I'm actually the KC Husch 1L who is going to a different city and wanted say to the people with Husch KC offers: It's awesome and I highly encourage anyone who wants to be in KC to work there.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.