callback extra day?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

callback extra day?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

i have a callback on a tues. can i book a flight for sunday, stay at home that night and then go to the hotel they provide on monday? is it okay to do that extra day, with no extra expense for the firm?

Lincoln

Re: callback extra day?

Postby Lincoln » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:i have a callback on a tues. can i book a flight for sunday, stay at home that night and then go to the hotel they provide on monday? is it okay to do that extra day, with no extra expense for the firm?

Anecdotal, but I had a Monday CB and booked my flights Fri/Mon, with just one night in a hotel sunday night. No one asked any questions, and I told the attorneys in my interview that I'd seen friends over the weekend. No one cared (in a negative way), and I got an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i have a callback on a tues. can i book a flight for sunday, stay at home that night and then go to the hotel they provide on monday? is it okay to do that extra day, with no extra expense for the firm?

Is the hotel they're offering much closer to the office than your home? Will you have to rely on a taxi rather to public transportation to get to the office? I've flown in on a Wednesday for a Thursday interview and the firm was totally cool with it, so long as I stayed at home and took the subway.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Don't see why not, so long as the firm isn't paying for more than it normally would. Hell, I would in some circumstances consider it a positive if an applicant chose to spend a couple extra days in the area (e.g., to visit family settled there).

Postby 09042014 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 pm

They won't care.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:12 pm

One time going to NYC, I thought I had a callback Monday morning and Tuesday night, so I booked a hotel through the firm for Sunday night, Monday night and Tuesday night. Turns out I actually had callbacks TUESDAY morning and Tuesday night, so I definitely did not need to stay at the hotel for three nights.

The firm didn't care, still paid for it.

Return to “Legal Employment”