Pepper Hamilton

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Pepper Hamilton

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:03 pm

I've heard that their interview process is somewhat different/unique. Can anyone provide some insight on this and what I should be prepared for?

Anonymous User

Re: Pepper Hamilton

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that their interview process is somewhat different/unique. Can anyone provide some insight on this and what I should be prepared for?

From what I've heard, they love using behavioral-style questions to fuck with people. Also, know your writing sample because they're going to grill you on it.

marmot8

Postby marmot8 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that their interview process is somewhat different/unique. Can anyone provide some insight on this and what I should be prepared for?

From what I've heard, they love using behavioral-style questions to fuck with people. Also, know your writing sample because they're going to grill you on it.

Can you please explain how a firm would grill one on a writing sample. Thanks.

KamaalTheAbstract

Postby KamaalTheAbstract » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Use the search function. This has been discussed two years in a row.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 am

Pepper has already given out some offers. The questions on your writing sample are easy to field if you know what you actually wrote. They also only last about 5-10 minutes. The final interview of the day is with a hiring partner and an associate, and it involves reasoning through a scenario. You don't have to know anything about anything, just what kinds of questions you are going to ask. Try to throw in some humor if you get in an awkward place where you get stuck. Other than that, everyone is exceedingly nice.

Return to “Legal Employment”