O'Melveny & [deleted] Financial Health

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

O'Melveny & [deleted] Financial Health

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:50 pm

Anyone have any insight or info regarding this? I remember last year on here that people were concerned they could be the next big firm to go belly up, but haven't really heard anything since and they are still with us. I'm asking because I'm interviewing with them this week and am curious if that was just a random TLS rumor or actually has some data to back it up.

Anonymous User

Re: O'Melveny & [deleted] Financial Health

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:57 pm

They had a bunch of partners leave the firm, but most of the action was in NY IIRC. You can google it/see an article on above the law about it. There was lots of concern about what was going on and why so many people were leaving, but they seemed stable/in a state of improvement during their last release of financial information and they're probably doing better than ever now. I asked them about it when I interviewed with them and they were really receptive to the question, happy to answer, and seemed to take it as a sign that I had really done my homework on the firm.

anon168

Postby anon168 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any insight or info regarding this? I remember last year on here that people were concerned they could be the next big firm to go belly up, but haven't really heard anything since and they are still with us. I'm asking because I'm interviewing with them this week and am curious if that was just a random TLS rumor or actually has some data to back it up.

They aren't going under. If they have continued financial issues, they will find a merger partner. Their litigation group is simply too deep in talent to be broken up and disintegrate.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They had a bunch of partners leave the firm, but most of the action was in NY IIRC. You can google it/see an article on above the law about it. There was lots of concern about what was going on and why so many people were leaving, but they seemed stable/in a state of improvement during their last release of financial information and they're probably doing better than ever now. I asked them about it when I interviewed with them and they were really receptive to the question, happy to answer, and seemed to take it as a sign that I had really done my homework on the firm.

^ Partner I interviewed with basically said the same thing. They seem to be doing pretty well, judging from the number of laterals that moved into their offices this past year.

Return to “Legal Employment”