Mistake while mass mailing - what to do?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Mistake while mass mailing - what to do?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:33 am

So...I'm an idiot. I've been mass mailing and I sent a bunch of emails to firms and have attached a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript, but my cover letter says I have also attached a writing sample. The body of the email says that I've only attached what I actually did attach (no writing sample). Dumb, I know.

What do I do? Take the L and hope they don't care? Or should I supplement those applications and say I wanted to add my writing sample as well?

thesealocust

Re: Mistake while mass mailing - what to do?

Postby thesealocust » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:38 am

Most firms don't seem to look at writing samples, and if they like you and want to see if they'll probably follow up with you. I wouldn't sweat it.

rad lulz

Re: Mistake while mass mailing - what to do?

Postby rad lulz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 pm

thesealocust wrote:Most firms don't seem to look at writing samples, and if they like you and want to see if they'll probably follow up with you. I wouldn't sweat it.

TCR

Don't send out a bunch of writing samples.

Return to “Legal Employment”