Going Weird at the Screening Interview

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JJW

Going Weird at the Screening Interview

Postby JJW » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:07 am

Two friends just returned from a fair interview with observations that were somewhere between humorous and inexplicable. They tell it much funnier than the way I wrote it (plus wine was involved in their recap!).

 Complaining (in the hallway) to the interviewer that his delays was causing her to miss interviews with much bigger firms.
 Barging into an ongoing interview and (mistakenly arguing that this was his time).
 Going into the interview with mom at her side.
 Bringing a photo portfolio saying that if the lawyer thing didn’t work out she could model (this was in the waiting area).
 Lots of fashion blunders: Plastic gaudy yellow earrings; Slit up the skirt a poll dancer would be envious of; plus the shoes, how hard can that be?

If you made any weird observations. . . step up.

Re: Going Weird at the Screening Interview

Postby 071816 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:17 am

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:50 pm

JJW wrote:Two friends just returned from a fair interview with observations that were somewhere between humorous and inexplicable. They tell it much funnier than the way I wrote it (plus wine was involved in their recap!).

 Complaining (in the hallway) to the interviewer that his delays was causing her to miss interviews with much bigger firms.
 Barging into an ongoing interview and (mistakenly arguing that this was his time).
 Going into the interview with mom at her side.
 Bringing a photo portfolio saying that if the lawyer thing didn’t work out she could model (this was in the waiting area).
 Lots of fashion blunders: Plastic gaudy yellow earrings; Slit up the skirt a poll dancer would be envious of; plus the shoes, how hard can that be?

If you made any weird observations. . . step up.

Which job fair was this? I am missing out!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:10 pm

I saw a female law student barge into an ongoing interview with a major firm and argue with the interviewer about her scheduled time. Super awkward. I've seen a lot of fashion don'ts like ladies wearing nude color platform stilettos and short skirts with see-through blouses. There was also this one female student who was having a very loud argument with her mother over the phone which you could hear a few halls down... Good times.

Return to “Legal Employment”