What type of alcoholic drink for a callback dinner?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lawquacious

Re: What type of alcoholic drink for a callback dinner?

Postby Lawquacious » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm

fatduck wrote:
WODKilla123 wrote:It sounds like safest bet is to just drink the house wine but if a lawyer ahead of me gets a brew then it's ok to get Stella/Dos Equis/Beck (which I prefer >>> wine).

at a V10, get wine regardless. V11-V20, it's okay to get a beer as long as you aren't the first to do so. V21-V27, you can get a beer as long as wine has not been explicitly discussed prior to ordering, but only Heineken or Beck's. at a V28, you can only get Beck's. at V29 and below, high life is credited in all situations.

:lol:

IDK, at V28 Beck's is pretty dicey. But, yeah, your def cool with Equis at a V28.

Fark-o-vision

Postby Fark-o-vision » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:06 am

fatduck wrote:
WODKilla123 wrote:It sounds like safest bet is to just drink the house wine but if a lawyer ahead of me gets a brew then it's ok to get Stella/Dos Equis/Beck (which I prefer >>> wine).

at a V10, get wine regardless. V11-V20, it's okay to get a beer as long as you aren't the first to do so. V21-V27, you can get a beer as long as wine has not been explicitly discussed prior to ordering, but only Heineken or Beck's. at a V28, you can only get Beck's. at V29 and below, high life is credited in all situations.

Whoa...You think Heineken=more prestigious than Beck's? Good luck with unemployment, bro.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am

fatduck wrote:

We drank McCormick's and RC Cola at my non-Vault secondary market "biglaw" firm.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 am

If you go to a firm dinner but it is not a cb, should you write thank you notes to all the attys there? Or maybe just the organizer?

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:29 am

ilovesf wrote:If you go to a firm dinner but it is not a cb, should you write thank you notes to all the attys there? Or maybe just the organizer?

No.

Reprisal

Postby Reprisal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:00 am

I'd write that this thread is unbelievable, but we're on TLS, where ostensibly bright individuals struggle to parse the difference between coffee and lunch.

Return to “Legal Employment”