V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are most cb interviewers on the hiring committee?


Depends on the firm, but entirely in the realm of possibility.

IMO huge benefit if your interviewer is on the hiring committee. Easier for them to get you a callback, and their callback means more (i.e., because of their experience on the committee, they have a pretty good idea as to whether you'd stand a good chance at an offer).

Lot's of associates are wide-eyed and overlook grade threshholds. Doesn't mean committee will.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 pm

I found the lower ranked firms actually make lots of marks on my resume, take down notes, etc.

The V10 I interviewed, just fill out a form, and then took very little notes. Does that mean, the screening is just a screening, to weed out people with high grades but weird personalities? So the real decision comes with great GPA with not weird personality?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I found the lower ranked firms actually make lots of marks on my resume, take down notes, etc.

The V10 I interviewed, just fill out a form, and then took very little notes. Does that mean, the screening is just a screening, to weed out people with high grades but weird personalities? So the real decision comes with great GPA with not weird personality?


Again, I have my cut off and will go for a compelling personality or story.

I will sometimes go below cut off if truly extraordinary and feel that I wouldn't be wasting the firm's time (i.e., this extraordinariness is objectively verifiable).

Just because you have great credentials, doesn't mean I demand less on other fronts. But I admit I might be more unique on that front. A lot of firms are fine with boring people and great grades. I'm happy to cede those guys to those firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Does being attractive help in any way, shape, or form?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does being attractive help in any way, shape, or form?


Ugh.

I'm almost 100% positive that it influences decisions on a subconscious level. Nobody will admit it, but when you look at stuff from a macro level, it seems that way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Doesn't mean you're a gone case if you're not attractive. If you're not attractive but own it and have a degree of confidence, you'll be fine.

Problem is that less attractive people have less confidence, mostly because people are shitty and are disrespectful to less attractive people. This is all deep life conditioning stuff.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I found the lower ranked firms actually make lots of marks on my resume, take down notes, etc.

The V10 I interviewed, just fill out a form, and then took very little notes. Does that mean, the screening is just a screening, to weed out people with high grades but weird personalities? So the real decision comes with great GPA with not weird personality?


Again, I have my cut off and will go for a compelling personality or story.

I will sometimes go below cut off if truly extraordinary and feel that I wouldn't be wasting the firm's time (i.e., this extraordinariness is objectively verifiable).

Just because you have great credentials, doesn't mean I demand less on other fronts. But I admit I might be more unique on that front. A lot of firms are fine with boring people and great grades. I'm happy to cede those guys to those firms.


Sorry, I was more asking,,, if they just go straight to "do you have any question for me" or start introducing their firm and their summer program. Does that mean he has rejected you?

I asked cause I"m a transfer to CCN from UT/Vandy. I assume that I have a very good resume cause I have been preselected for any V10 firms that come to my previous school. But what I found interesting at my new CCN school is that the interviewers, in most cases, don't even read or mark my resume.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273216
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: V10 OCI Interviewer Taking Qs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I found the lower ranked firms actually make lots of marks on my resume, take down notes, etc.

The V10 I interviewed, just fill out a form, and then took very little notes. Does that mean, the screening is just a screening, to weed out people with high grades but weird personalities? So the real decision comes with great GPA with not weird personality?


Again, I have my cut off and will go for a compelling personality or story.

I will sometimes go below cut off if truly extraordinary and feel that I wouldn't be wasting the firm's time (i.e., this extraordinariness is objectively verifiable).

Just because you have great credentials, doesn't mean I demand less on other fronts. But I admit I might be more unique on that front. A lot of firms are fine with boring people and great grades. I'm happy to cede those guys to those firms.




Sorry, I was more asking,,, if they just go straight to "do you have any question for me" or start introducing their firm and their summer program. Does that mean he has rejected you?

I asked cause I"m a transfer to CCN from UT/Vandy. I assume that I have a very good resume cause I have been preselected for any V10 firms that come to my previous school. But what I found interesting at my new CCN school is that the interviewers, in most cases, don't even read or mark my resume.


There's no uniform answer to the above.

If it helps anything, I barely mark resumes myself.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.