SKADDEN callback help

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

SKADDEN callback help

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Hey folks. I would like to schedule a call back with Skadden on "Fantastic Friday," but I have another callback that afternoon at 2pm (a few blocks away).

Does anyone with experience know how long a Skadden morning callback lasts? Will I be pushing it to get out by 1:30?

Thanks for any tips :)

Anonymous User

Re: SKADDEN callback help

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:43 pm

They told me it should end around 2 PM.

chasgoose

Postby chasgoose » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Are you having lunch? That could cause you to run a little late, depending on where you go. If you are worried, you might want to skip the lunch unless you like Skadden a lot more than the second firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 am

does anyone here know what the skadden callback process is like?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:does anyone here know what the skadden callback process is like?

reviving this because i would love to know whether skadden NY typically sends you your list of interviewers before your callback...haven't gotten anything and mine is tomorrow evening...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:does anyone here know what the skadden callback process is like?

reviving this because i would love to know whether skadden NY typically sends you your list of interviewers before your callback...haven't gotten anything and mine is tomorrow evening...

I received my list the day before. It may be taking a whole because they have to match schedules and hunt down ppl in your practice areas of choice. Obviously no one is gonna miss a meeting, client call or deadline to interview you, so the pool of ppl is smaller.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Just follow up and see if one is available. I did this and was forwarded later that evening.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

When is "super friday" this year? What exactly does it entail? Also, interested in hearing from people who have successfully received offers from Skadden in the past for interviewing insight/advice specific to the firm.

Edit: I am interviewing in NYC, I'm not sure if other offices have "super" days. But if someone could explain the concept of the skadden "super" day, the odds of getting hired if your CB is after that date, etc., I would be very grateful.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When is "super friday" this year? What exactly does it entail? Also, interested in hearing from people who have successfully received offers from Skadden in the past for interviewing insight/advice specific to the firm.

Edit: I am interviewing in NYC, I'm not sure if other offices have "super" days. But if someone could explain the concept of the skadden "super" day, the odds of getting hired if your CB is after that date, etc., I would be very grateful.

Bump. Curious about this as well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:58 am

For those of you who have gone through the process (in NY). are resumes and transcripts required during the callback?

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:For those of you who have gone through the process (in NY). are resumes and transcripts required during the callback?

They should already have everything but it's a good idea to bring some extra copies just in case. Same goes for pretty much any callback.

Return to “Legal Employment”