Latham Transactional?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Latham Transactional?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:59 pm

How good is Latham's transactional practice in NY? What are the best groups in its NY transactional practice?

Anonymous User

Re: Latham Transactional?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:03 pm

Its transactional practice is pretty much top notch. Unlike their reputation for how they treat their associates (and there also appears to be a not insignificant chance of being no offered as a summer).

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Its transactional practice is pretty much top notch. Unlike their reputation for how they treat their associates (and there also appears to be a not insignificant chance of being no offered as a summer).

could you please elaborate on the not insignificant chance of being no offered as a summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:34 pm

buckilaw wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Its transactional practice is pretty much top notch. Unlike their reputation for how they treat their associates (and there also appears to be a not insignificant chance of being no offered as a summer).

could you please elaborate on the not insignificant chance of being no offered as a summer.

They had a pretty tiny SA class size this year, and I know for a fact that two of those summers were straight-up no offered.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Why were the people no-offered? I heard great things about the culture from a candid source.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:04 pm

you have to fuck up pretty bad to be no offered at latham. this summer, a few summers felt untouchable after the past few years of near-100% offer rates and they literally just sat around and did jack shit. if you make a good faith effort in your assignments, you'll get an offer.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:you have to fuck up pretty bad to be no offered at latham.

Yeah, given their strong reputation for not letting people go, it doesn't make any sense that people would get no offered.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I heard great things about the culture from a candid source.

:lol:

:| you weren't serious, were you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:you have to fuck up pretty bad to be no offered at latham. this summer, a few summers felt untouchable after the past few years of near-100% offer rates and they literally just sat around and did jack shit. if you make a good faith effort in your assignments, you'll get an offer.

what are you basing this off of?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:20 pm

So at least two no-offers... Any idea if they cold-offered others?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:you have to fuck up pretty bad to be no offered at latham. this summer, a few summers felt untouchable after the past few years of near-100% offer rates and they literally just sat around and did jack shit. if you make a good faith effort in your assignments, you'll get an offer.

Latham SA here. This is complete BS.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah, judging by what my friends at Latham have told me, the info in the original post was not the case.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah, judging by what my friends at Latham have told me, the info in the original post was not the case.

What did they say?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What did they say?

They just said that it seemed kind of out of the blue and unexpected.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Explain. The ones at my office definitely had it coming had poor work product and were apathetic about improving.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:18 pm

which office? what'd they do?

Return to “Legal Employment”