Milbank Tweed for litigation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Milbank Tweed for litigation

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:28 pm

I have an interview with them coming up. I know they do a lot of transactional/corporate work, but they also have a fairly large litigation department. I don't have any experience in a corporate/banking setting so I can't really think of a believable reason to say I'm interested in that, and I am legitimately interested in litigation. For the litigation/transactional question, would it be a bad idea to just say that I haven't learned enough about transactional to make a decision yet, and then talk about why I like Milbank's litigation department and how I have an interest in litigation. Or perhaps I should just fake it and make up a reason for why I am very interested in transactional?

Also, can anyone give me a good stock answer for why someone would be interested in corporate/transactional? Thanks!!

Old Gregg

Re: Milbank Tweed for litigation

Postby Old Gregg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't have any experience in a corporate/banking setting so I can't really think of a believable reason to say I'm interested in

You dont need any.

SweetrollStealer

Re: Milbank Tweed for litigation

Postby SweetrollStealer » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote: For the litigation/transactional question, would it be a bad idea to just say that I haven't learned enough about transactional to make a decision yet, and then talk about why I like Milbank's litigation department and how I have an interest in litigation.

Something along those lines is usually the standard answer, sometimes also saying "but I definitely want to try corporate because X . . . " However, if I recall, Millbank might be one of the ones that actually assigns you to a group/uses some kind of rotation system for the summer. If that's the case, and you think you want to be a litigator, then say you want to do litigation; otherwise you will look like you didn't do your homework. I would research the specific details of their summer program just to be sure (and for any firm with which you interview, of course).

Return to “Legal Employment”