Time Frame for Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nmcdgt

Time Frame for Callbacks

Postby nmcdgt » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 am

I tried searching through various callback-related threads but have only found little bits of discussion on point. What is the typical time for callbacks through OCI? I've heard that for big NY firms it is often very quick (i.e. 1-2 days), but for a large secondary market like Atlanta what typically can be expected? I know not all callbacks are done at the same time, but hearing that some people have already heard from at least 2-3 of the firms from OCI (interviews were this week) makes me nervous.

Lasers

Re: Time Frame for Callbacks

Postby Lasers » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:34 am

nmcdgt wrote:I tried searching through various callback-related threads but have only found little bits of discussion on point. What is the typical time for callbacks through OCI? I've heard that for big NY firms it is often very quick (i.e. 1-2 days), but for a large secondary market like Atlanta what typically can be expected? I know not all callbacks are done at the same time, but hearing that some people have already heard from at least 2-3 of the firms from OCI (interviews were this week) makes me nervous.

i think the correct answer is it depends. not a great answer for most of us since we're all sort of waiting for any answer.

a lot, if not most, callbacks seem to occur 1-2 days after the screener. however, from everything i've read, some firms or offices can take up to 1-2 weeks. so i guess, really, we won't know for sure until we know for sure.

nmcdgt

Postby nmcdgt » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:58 am

Lasers wrote:
nmcdgt wrote:I tried searching through various callback-related threads but have only found little bits of discussion on point. What is the typical time for callbacks through OCI? I've heard that for big NY firms it is often very quick (i.e. 1-2 days), but for a large secondary market like Atlanta what typically can be expected? I know not all callbacks are done at the same time, but hearing that some people have already heard from at least 2-3 of the firms from OCI (interviews were this week) makes me nervous.

i think the correct answer is it depends. not a great answer for most of us since we're all sort of waiting for any answer.

a lot, if not most, callbacks seem to occur 1-2 days after the screener. however, from everything i've read, some firms or offices can take up to 1-2 weeks. so i guess, really, we won't know for sure until we know for sure.

Yeah, I thought so :|

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:53 am

You can probably ask firms what their timeframe is. Some firms may callback immediately, especially the bigger markets. However, smaller markets will try to group their callbacks, so if they have OCI at several schools over 2-3 weeks, you'll wait longer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am

Of my three callbacks, one came the next day, the other came 2 days after, the other came one week after. I think anything passed two weeks, means they are sitting on applications. If they don't want to give you a CB, you will be dinged within 2 weeks (My experience---usually dinged within a week).

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 pm

It depends so much that it not worth worrying about really, especially outside of major markets.

Go apply for more jobs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Of my three callbacks, one came the next day, the other came 2 days after, the other came one week after. I think anything passed two weeks, means they are sitting on applications. If they don't want to give you a CB, you will be dinged within 2 weeks (My experience---usually dinged within a week).

What market?

Return to “Legal Employment”