Emory Law Early OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Got a call from one of the big Atlanta firms who didn't give me an interview at OCI offering for me to come in and interview. Weird.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got a call from one of the big Atlanta firms who didn't give me an interview at OCI offering for me to come in and interview. Weird.

Which firm? My guess is that means that after doing callbacks from OCI people they decided they didn't like anyone enough so now they're going outside the CB group.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm

If I did a callback a month ago and haven't heard anything that can't be good right?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I did a callback a month ago and haven't heard anything that can't be good right?

Given that I've been rejected w/in a week at 3/4 for cb firms, it can only be good. Follow up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sutherland has also made some offers.

Do you know to which interview group?

Anonymous User wrote:To those who were dinged from Bryan Cave (including myself, after a CB) -- it may or may not make you feel better to know that they only have 3 summer spots this year. Yay Economy!

My Bryan Cave callback was cancelled. I am at UT, and I interviewed for the Dallas and Atlanta offices. I was in the Atlanta airport when I received the callback. The lady seemed confused as to why I would be interviewing for firms in Atlanta, and she said she would get back to me to schedule a time rather than doing it at that moment. I have not heard back from her, nor has she responded to my emails.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:30 am

Interviewed with Baker Donelson and Parker Hudson at OCI nearly 6 weeks ago. Sent followup emails about two weeks ago. Still total silence. What gives?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with Baker Donelson and Parker Hudson at OCI nearly 6 weeks ago. Sent followup emails about two weeks ago. Still total silence. What gives?

As JT would say, your offer is "Dead and Gone" man

Omerta

Postby Omerta » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Lol
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2012/09/19/par ... make-more/

Lawyers in large cities have always earned more than their regional counterparts.

But big partner pay increases at law firms in the Southeast and Seattle could have some lawyers reconsidering the equation—particularly those who live in pricey spots where the cost of living gobbles up more of their income.

Consider this:

L.A. partners made 8% less on average in 2012 than they did in 2010, according to a new compensation survey out Wednesday. But average partner compensation in Atlanta jumped 48% during the same period. Pay for Seattle partners also saw a 45% boost, and in Dallas it went up 28%.

The numbers come from this report, courtesy of legal recruiting firm Major, Lindsey & Africa and ALM Legal Intelligence. The survey polled more than 2,000 partners at large, mostly U.S. law firms.

Nationwide, average partner compensation was $681,000, up 6.4% since 2010.

Of course, not everyone wants to trade in the canyons of Manhattan for DeKalb County, no matter much further your money goes.

New York partners saw their average pay climb only 8.7% since 2010. But they still made on average $1.02 million, second only to Silicon Valley in earning power (it’s not clear how much Silicon Valley pay has increased, because the 2010 survey did not break out the region out separately).

By contrast, the gains Atlanta partners made still mean they only earn about 66% of what their New York colleagues pull in. Average pay in Atlanta was $683,000 in 2012, up from $463,000 in 2010.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Post-CB ding from Arnall Golden Gregory

How long after CB?

Any movement from Arnall--good or bad? I think there are only four summer slots

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed with Baker Donelson and Parker Hudson at OCI nearly 6 weeks ago. Sent followup emails about two weeks ago. Still total silence. What gives?

As JT would say, your offer is "Dead and Gone" man

I figured as much but I find it odd that they haven't even replied

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:07 pm

I wouldn't say you're dead and gone yet. I don't know anyone that's heard back from them--one way or another.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wouldn't say you're dead and gone yet. I don't know anyone that's heard back from them--one way or another.

People have gotten callbacks from Baker Donelson and offers from Parker Hudson...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 am

Did anyone ask yesterday when we should expect to hear from Morris Manning? Getting pretty late in the game and people have other offers to accept or decline, so I would hope they wouldn't take long.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone ask yesterday when we should expect to hear from Morris Manning? Getting pretty late in the game and people have other offers to accept or decline, so I would hope they wouldn't take long.

They are making calls today apparently

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone ask yesterday when we should expect to hear from Morris Manning? Getting pretty late in the game and people have other offers to accept or decline, so I would hope they wouldn't take long.

Yep-- calls are today.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yep-- calls are today.

Is that what they told you or have you heard of people actually getting calls today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yep-- calls are today.

Is that what they told you or have you heard of people actually getting calls today?

Actually got them today

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:05 am

Well fml. Hopefully they just did a first round of CBs, really liked them

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Wargo French calls for CBs today

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Anyone had any luck mass mailing Atlanta firms? Hasn't been a great response so far, a ton of silence with rejections sprinkled in :|

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Have many of you accepted offers so far? Im very curious how many people in our class are employed for next summer so far.. I have talked to a lot of people with interviews but not too many with offers

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have many of you accepted offers so far? Im very curious how many people in our class are employed for next summer so far.. I have talked to a lot of people with interviews but not too many with offers

I know of at least seven people who have accepted offers at firms in ATL or NYC. I know of many others who have offers but are still waiting to hear back from certain firms and/or are still deciding between their current ones.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have many of you accepted offers so far? Im very curious how many people in our class are employed for next summer so far.. I have talked to a lot of people with interviews but not too many with offers

I know of at least seven people who have accepted offers at firms in ATL or NYC. I know of many others who have offers but are still waiting to hear back from certain firms and/or are still deciding between their current ones.

I haven't spoken with many people about jobs, but I've accepted an offer in my home market (non-ATL/NYC). Top 25%.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:21 am

From what I've seen, just about everyone who has an offer has it outside of Atlanta. I know of a few with NY/DC, and a couple with non-ATL/NY/DC home-market offers as well. I think I've literally seen maybe 2-3 people with Atlanta offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

What all firms have you heard? I have heard people will be at Jones Day, K&S, AGG, A+B, Parker Hudson, Kilpatrick and Sutherland.

P.S. Its sad that we are saying "at least 7 people"...out of 250. No other top 25 law schools really have issues like Emory does in getting students hired.

Return to “Legal Employment”