Emory Law Early OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yep still total silence from A&B. Meanwhile offers from more than one Emory in NY firm have already gone out


what firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:59 am

Alston + Bird has already given callbacks to several people. Has anyone heard from Troutman Sanders?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Alston + Bird has already given callbacks to several people. Has anyone heard from Troutman Sanders?


Troutman has definitely started CB's for Emory students

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Still no word from Parker Hudson, Smith Gambrell or Baker Donelson?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Troutman has started giving offers to people who were called back. Epstein has starting calling back for Atlanta.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 pm

What about Kilpatrick? Has anyone heard anything from them one way or another (call back or ding)? I haven't heard a word from them, and emailed them last week to check the status of my application and haven't even received a response to that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Still no word from Parker Hudson, Smith Gambrell or Baker Donelson?


Dings from Parker Hudson went out early last week via snail mail so if you haven't heard anything yet, it might actually be a good thing!

Still waiting on SGR and Baker Donelson too...Baker Donelson might be busy factoring in UT's OCI (it either happened really recently or hasn't happened yet).

Anonymous User wrote:What about Kilpatrick? Has anyone heard anything from them one way or another (call back or ding)? I haven't heard a word from them, and emailed them last week to check the status of my application and haven't even received a response to that.


Also curious about Kilpatrick...I know there were some CB's early on but I haven't heard anything either way...I'll email them too in hopes of getting some kind of positive response.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 pm

Geez Allen & Overy finally put me out of my misery with an email ding around 1AM this morning. I'm still waiting for a ding/cb (let's be real, most likely a ding) from 3 firms from Emory in NY. Is there such thing as a waitlist? I know others who have gotten dings from these firms over a week ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Geez Allen & Overy finally put me out of my misery with an email ding around 1AM this morning. I'm still waiting for a ding/cb (let's be real, most likely a ding) from 3 firms from Emory in NY. Is there such thing as a waitlist? I know others who have gotten dings from these firms over a week ago.


Yeah, I still haven't heard from Latham, Milbank, or Stroock. Not sure why it's taking so long since the NY firms typically do their CBs/dings very quickly.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Still no word from Parker Hudson, Smith Gambrell or Baker Donelson?


Dings from Parker Hudson went out early last week via snail mail so if you haven't heard anything yet, it might actually be a good thing!

Still waiting on SGR and Baker Donelson too...Baker Donelson might be busy factoring in UT's OCI (it either happened really recently or hasn't happened yet).



Emory 3L here. SGR and Baker took a long time to give out callbacks last go-around -- I had CBs with both. If I recall, Baker didn't actually conduct interviews until late September last year, so that may not be indicative.

Also, as a word of advice to 2Ls ITT, quite a few ATL firms don't interview in August, but will later. Keep an eye out for those OCI emails. Baker Donelson, Chamberlain Hrdlicka, DLA Piper, Ogletree Deakins, and a few others didn't interview til later in the school year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Troutman has started giving offers to people who were called back. Epstein has starting calling back for Atlanta.



You know someone who has gotten an offer? I heard they were supposed to start making offers later this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Has anyone who had a K&S atlanta callback heard back? I just got a "still under consideration" email

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Has anyone accepted any jobs yet? Be cool to know where people will be working next summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Has anyone heard anything post-CB from Arnall Golden Gregory?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone accepted any jobs yet? Be cool to know where people will be working next summer.


4 CB's (ATL, home market out-of-state, and NY) so far and haven't gotten an offer or rejection yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:28 am

Has anyone heard from Sidley Austin (DC)? I'm seriously concerned...not me, its my friend. Thx.

-Anxiously Awaiting An Acceptance*

*Apologies for the improper capitalization - it heightens the effect of the aliteration.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from Sidley Austin (DC)? I'm seriously concerned...not me, its my friend. Thx.

-Anxiously Awaiting An Acceptance*

*Apologies for the improper capitalization - it heightens the effect of the aliteration.


No but I'm still anxiously waiting too! For what it's worth, I know someone else who has not heard from them and they had their CB earlier than me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 am

Sidley just crushed all my dc dreams with a ding letter this morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Troutman ding - post CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Troutman ding - post CB.


If you don't mind me asking, was it by e-mail or regular mail or what?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Troutman ding - post CB.


If you don't mind me asking, was it by e-mail or regular mail or what?


Snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Troutman ding - post CB.


If you don't mind me asking, was it by e-mail or regular mail or what?


Snail mail.



Me too

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Someone may have asked this earlier, but I am too lazy to go through the thread, has anyone accepted offers yet? I'd like to see where Emory is representin :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Still no word from Parker Hudson, Smith Gambrell and Baker Donelson, and silence post-CB from Arnall Golden Gregory. Anyone have news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273454
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Someone may have asked this earlier, but I am too lazy to go through the thread, has anyone accepted offers yet? I'd like to see where Emory is representin :)


I know at least two people holding onto offers from Emory in NY and one who has accepted. I think the first two are still waiting to hear back from recent CBs first, but will def end up in well-regarded firms in NY (they also participated in, but did not do as well at, OCI). The third will be at a V20.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.