Emory Law Early OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Emory Law Early OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do yall have Fall OCI interviews? I have 2... I didn't realize Fall OCI was so small
Do you already have an offer somewhere else from Early OCI? I know some people didn't apply for Fall OCI interviews bc you wouldn't have time to do the interview and a callback before your decision was due for an Early OCI offer.
I had 1 callback from Fall OCI but I haven't heard back from that yet
Fall OCI hasn't started yet. I have 3 interviews but at this point ive pretty much resigned myself to the fact that my job will have to come from mass mailing. Honestly, I only know of two people with Atlanta offers from OCI
There are definitely a lot more people with offers. I know that at least K&S, Bryan Cave, Jones Day, and Troutman have made people offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:52 am

There are definitely a lot more people with offers. I know that at least K&S, Bryan Cave, Jones Day, and Troutman have made people offers.
I know that more than two offers have been given, but it seems a lot of the offers have been given to the same few people. How many different people do you know of with Atlanta offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:58 am

I know someone with an Atlanta offer at a great firm that was not mentioned in the last couple posts. I also have a couple fall OCI screeners but will be free-ing them up for others.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
I know that more than two offers have been given, but it seems a lot of the offers have been given to the same few people. How many different people do you know of with Atlanta offers?
At least 6.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 am

Sutherland has also made some offers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
At least 6.
Out of a class of 250. Wonderful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
At least 6.
Welcome to Atlanta.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:00 pm

To those who were dinged from Bryan Cave (including myself, after a CB) -- it may or may not make you feel better to know that they only have 3 summer spots this year. Yay Economy!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
At least 6.
And they interviewed at places other than Emory.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:20 pm

If it makes anyone feel better, I followed up with an Emory in NY firm that I had yet to hear from, letting them know that I was still very interested and appreciated their consideration. I was promptly assured that I was not under consideration and my rejection letter must have gotten lost in the mail.

Also, got an email ding today letting me know that the firm had suspended its summer program, but that I shouldn't worry because according to what he's heard the economy has picked up and there are tons of opportunities in Atlanta.

Awesome.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Post-CB ding from Arnall Golden Gregory
How long after CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Has anyone accepted any offers yet? Like to know where we will actually be.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To those who were dinged from Bryan Cave (including myself, after a CB) -- it may or may not make you feel better to know that they only have 3 summer spots this year. Yay Economy!
When did you hear back from Bryan Cave? I had a CB with them right before school started and haven't heard anything one way or another...but I feel like the odds are not in my favor regardless.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To those who were dinged from Bryan Cave (including myself, after a CB) -- it may or may not make you feel better to know that they only have 3 summer spots this year. Yay Economy!
When did you hear back from Bryan Cave? I had a CB with them right before school started and haven't heard anything one way or another...but I feel like the odds are not in my favor regardless.
About a week and a half ago. I had my CB about 2 weeks before that. Maybe not hearing from them means you're on the waitlist in case people they extended offers to reject them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:23 pm

About a week and a half ago. I had my CB about 2 weeks before that. Maybe not hearing from them means you're on the waitlist in case people they extended offers to reject them?[/quote]

That's what I was hoping...then I emailed them and it appears that my rejection letter got lost in the mail...classic.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I followed up with an Emory in NY firm that I had yet to hear from, letting them know that I was still very interested and appreciated their consideration. I was promptly assured that I was not under consideration and my rejection letter must have gotten lost in the mail.

Also, got an email ding today letting me know that the firm had suspended its summer program, but that I shouldn't worry because according to what he's heard the economy has picked up and there are tons of opportunities in Atlanta.

Awesome.
Hang in there!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 pm

baker donelson cbs out. too bad it took so long.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Post-CB ding from Arnall Golden Gregory
How long after CB?
Just under 3 weeks

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:baker donelson cbs out. too bad it took so long.
Guess that means my rejection letter is on the way. Nothing but silence.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Guess that means my rejection letter is on the way. Nothing but silence.
Ditto.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 am

How do you know they have made all of the callbacks just because they made one? Seems pretty presumptuous.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 am

Any Nelson Mullins news?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote: How do you know they have made all of the callbacks just because they made one? Seems pretty presumptuous.
i never said all baker donelson cbs are out. i know of at least two, so read as much as you want into it. they come through e-mail btw.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Landed an SA at a V50. My advice is to look outside of ATL and in home/major markets. ATL firms did not seem to even look my way.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Has anyone received a call back from Ford Harrison? I know some people received ding letters early on.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”