Recent SA taking Callback and OCI questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ShitLawOrBust

Bronze

Re: Recent SA taking Callback and OCI questions

Post by ShitLawOrBust » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

taxnstuff wrote:*QUESTION*
WHICH BEARS ARE BEST
bears, beats, battlestar gallactica

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My resume has changed (new duties at my job) since I turned it in through Simplicity for OCI. Do they look at the resume you provide them through simplicity, or at the one that you give them during the meeting?
*ANSWER*
Don't give the interviewer an updated resume. You're locked in with the initial resume.
OP here. I didn't write this. I think the real answer is that sending an updated resume is circumstance specific.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Did you view getting callbacks as a competition with other students screening, or merely a luck/chemistry balance with the interviewer?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:34 pm

edit: n/m
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 pm

I have three suits, one blue with subtle pinstripes, one black with moderate pinstripes, and one solid black. I have five days of OCI. How should I utilize the suits, given that none are ideal?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 pm

OP here. This thread is clearly dead. Some moron is imitating me, and the only questions are demands for personal information. Please close it.

Hope you all do wonderfully at OCI.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. This thread is clearly dead. Some moron is imitating me, and the only questions are demands for personal information. Please close it.

Hope you all do wonderfully at OCI.
Sorry that it worked out like this, but can you address that last question about suits? It was serious, although I don't expect it to make or break my OCI.

GulcOCIhelp

New

Post by GulcOCIhelp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:41 pm

PM? I have legitimate questions

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did you view getting callbacks as a competition with other students screening, or merely a luck/chemistry balance with the interviewer?
*ANSWER*
Competition. I did everything in my power to screw them over during the process and mess with their nerves.
Should be outed for putting the anon feature to use for douchebaggery.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have three suits, one blue with subtle pinstripes, one black with moderate pinstripes, and one solid black. I have five days of OCI. How should I utilize the suits, given that none are ideal?
buy your own portable presser if possible and just press the blue pin stripe one every night or every other night

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:05 pm

a11 1n wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did you view getting callbacks as a competition with other students screening, or merely a luck/chemistry balance with the interviewer?
*ANSWER*
Competition. I did everything in my power to screw them over during the process and mess with their nerves.
Should be outed for putting the anon feature to use for douchebaggery.
I agree, and to all the people who were so damn clever and won the gold medal in internetz, nobody will remember your snark and witticism in ten minutes, but people will think twice before starting helpful threads. You got your lulz, the thread is dead. I hope you're fucking satisfied.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:08 pm

delusional wrote: You got your lulz, the thread is dead. I hope you're fucking satisfied.
This entire forum is a place to ask questions and receive answers - from a wide array of people who have successfully completed SAs.

This thread added absolutely nothing of value. It was just grandstanding by the OP, who never provided any reason that his or her particular experiences made him or her especially qualified to be taking questions.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:10 pm

thesealocust wrote:
*ANSWER*
Since you took the bar you've gone from "good natured but occasionally annoying" to "fucking annoying."

Re: your post above, if it's so awful report it and let us decide instead of engaging in annoying bullshit vigilantism that just generates more reports and creates more work for us.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Beh, I like to think I've maintained a steady stream of obnoxious and useful behavior. Back in the halcyon days I was getting banned fairly regularly and/or being a whiny brat in the mod Q&A thread, and even these days I'm still trying to be helpful where possible.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:21 pm

thesealocust wrote:Beh, I like to think I've maintained a steady stream of obnoxious and useful behavior. Back in the halcyon days I was getting banned fairly regularly and/or being a whiny brat in the mod Q&A thread, and even these days I'm still trying to be helpful where possible.
Well that's a happy coincidence, because I was just about to ban you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”