Morning vs. Afternoon CBs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Morning vs. Afternoon CBs

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:49 am

Anything different? Are dinners offered after afternoon CBs?

ilovesf

Diamond

Re: Morning vs. Afternoon CBs

Post by ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anything different? Are dinners offered after afternoon CBs?
Probably depends on the firm but for the ones I've heard of so far morning CBs are 4 30 minute interviews and lunch. Afternoon interviews are 5 30 minute interviews. It wouldn't surprise me if some invited for dinner but I haven't heard of it yet after a CB. I've heard of separate dinner invites.

Loose Seal

New

Post by Loose Seal » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 pm

I've never heard of dinner after an afternoon callback because you are done by 4 or 5, which is a bit early for dinner. You could arrange for coffee instead of a meal if you want to talk to more people, though.

OneMoreLawHopeful

Silver

Post by OneMoreLawHopeful » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 pm

There is at least one big law office in Palo Alto that regularly does dinner if it was an afternoon callback, so it's rare but it does happen.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anything different? Are dinners offered after afternoon CBs?
Depends on the firm.

Your afternoon CB could start w lunch.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:35 pm

I was offered a CB option that included dinner after my interviews. So yes, it can be either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:38 pm

it must depend on the firm.

@ all three of the cbs i've gotten so far, the morning has been offered with an associate lunch; the afternoon? nada. i took that to mean that maybe the firm prefers people to come in the morning and incentivize accordingly. your experience may vary.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:it must depend on the firm.

@ all three of the cbs i've gotten so far, the morning has been offered with an associate lunch; the afternoon? nada. i took that to mean that maybe the firm prefers people to come in the morning and incentivize accordingly. your experience may vary.
That hardly makes sense for most firms since the person gets to schedule when the CB takes place. You could just choose a different day if day 1 only has afternoon Cbs available.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”