SNR Denton

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:42 am

What's up with SNR Denton - NY in particular? Anyone know if they plan on taking a lot now that they've expanded the NY office so much recently? Is the 2010 merger affecting anything? I have a screener lined up with them and I'm intrigued, it seems like this behemoth in its current form just sort of came out of nowhere due to all of its recent shakeups.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:46 am

I have a screener with them as well. I have no idea what to expect, whether they will offer anyone/offer a lot of people, what they do, etc. Its really just a shot in the dark.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

not confirmed, but partner told me last year that they were only hiring 2-3 SA's for 2012 - all in lit. If true, their summer class is teeny weeny in proportion to their size. Don't know why they even bothered with EIP

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:not confirmed, but partner told me last year that they were only hiring 2-3 SA's for 2012 - all in lit. If true, their summer class is teeny weeny in proportion to their size. Don't know why they even bothered with EIP


Damn that sucks :| Anyone else who can confirm or deny this? Or with more recent info?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:03 pm

bump

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Does anyone know how big litigation is in their NY office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 pm

anyone know how big they're going to be this coming year?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Anybody have any thoughts on their Chicago office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 pm

or ny for that matter? or anything at all lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody have any thoughts on their Chicago office?


Friend is trying to leave because they don't pay market. I had a screener with the managing partner. Seemed like a nice person but the associate/partner ratio worries me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Is this true for their NY office too? Not paying market?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:36 pm

Anyone know?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 am

anyone get an offer in ny yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 pm

I have heard Chicago pays market. Truly tiny classes though. I guess they only look for lateral talent.

lesananas
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby lesananas » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 pm

my understanding (had CB/offer there and family member works at the firm) is that they pay market (in market-paying cities like nyc and chicago) to first years. But after that their compensation structure is different, so you can end up getting paid below market. I'm not sure if its just lock-step at a lower scale or some sort of merit-based thing, but your earnings compared to a lock-step market firm will likely be lower, with the disparity growing over time (as you advance).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:22 pm

Was your callback/offer for the NY office and was it for a summer 2013 position?

lesananas
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby lesananas » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was your callback/offer for the NY office and was it for a summer 2013 position?


Yes NY office, but it was in fall 2011 (for summer 2012). Don't think their compensation structure has changed in the past year though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 pm

just had a callback there... any idea what their usual callback/offer ratio is

lesananas
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby lesananas » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:just had a callback there... any idea what their usual callback/offer ratio is


Overall, I have no idea. But usually career services at each school keeps track of CB/offer ratios for their own students, which is probably more indicative of your chances than SNR's overall ratio anyway.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:58 pm

lesananas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was your callback/offer for the NY office and was it for a summer 2013 position?


Yes NY office, but it was in fall 2011 (for summer 2012). Don't think their compensation structure has changed in the past year though.


How long did you wait between the CB and offer? My CB with them was in August...

lesananas
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby lesananas » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lesananas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was your callback/offer for the NY office and was it for a summer 2013 position?


Yes NY office, but it was in fall 2011 (for summer 2012). Don't think their compensation structure has changed in the past year though.


How long did you wait between the CB and offer? My CB with them was in August...


That was a year ago, so I really have no idea. I remember it being longer than the wait for my other offers, which were usually given within a few days of the CB. My guess is over a week, maybe longer. I think the guy calling me said something about hiring decisions being done at the same time nationally, or all the offices talk about hiring decisions together or something. so you may have to wait for that. And my callback was in early september.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273203
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SNR Denton

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:43 pm

lesananas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lesananas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was your callback/offer for the NY office and was it for a summer 2013 position?


Yes NY office, but it was in fall 2011 (for summer 2012). Don't think their compensation structure has changed in the past year though.


How long did you wait between the CB and offer? My CB with them was in August...


That was a year ago, so I really have no idea. I remember it being longer than the wait for my other offers, which were usually given within a few days of the CB. My guess is over a week, maybe longer. I think the guy calling me said something about hiring decisions being done at the same time nationally, or all the offices talk about hiring decisions together or something. so you may have to wait for that. And my callback was in early september.


Thanks for the info!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.