Philly OCI 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:31 am

Thought I'd start this since there doesn't appear to be one up yet. Including Wilmington firms as well.

T2 Philly Top 20% Non-URM Secondary Journal

Duane Morris
Morgan Lewis
Richards Layton
Young Conaway
Potter Anderson
Manko Gold
Morris Nichols
Ashby Geddes
Cozen O'Connor
Pepper Hamilton

Philly Top Lawschoolers type away!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:00 pm

Was just outside top 25% at Temple. 15 bids. Shut the fuck down, including by the PD's office. A tad deflated, but not too discouraged.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was just outside top 25% at Temple. 15 bids. Shut the fuck down, including by the PD's office. A tad deflated, but not too discouraged.

Underlined. What does that even mean?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby r6_philly » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:28 pm

Have two screeners at the Philly Diversity Fair on Friday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was just outside top 25% at Temple. 15 bids. Shut the fuck down, including by the PD's office. A tad deflated, but not too discouraged.

Underlined. What does that even mean?

It means I got 0 invites, including from the public defender.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was just outside top 25% at Temple. 15 bids. Shut the fuck down, including by the PD's office. A tad deflated, but not too discouraged.

Underlined. What does that even mean?

It means I got 0 invites, including from the public defender.


Same thing happened to a friend of mine last year at Temple. Sorry for you, but it shouldn't have been unexpected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was just outside top 25% at Temple. 15 bids. Shut the fuck down, including by the PD's office. A tad deflated, but not too discouraged.

Underlined. What does that even mean?

It means I got 0 invites, including from the public defender.


Same thing happened to a friend of mine last year at Temple. Sorry for you, but it shouldn't have been unexpected.

The only surprise was the PD's office. I thought I had that one locked down, given some of my ties in the city.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Checking in. T2 Philly, Top 5%, LR

Schnader Harrison
Cozen O'Connor
Duane Morris
Drinker Biddle
Morgan Lewis
Blank Rome
Reed Smith
Fox Rothschild
Saul Ewing
Thorp Reed & Armstrong
Ballard Spahr
Dechert
Pepper Hamilton

Good luck everyone!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:54 pm

So that's what it takes to get screeners from a philly t2 at oci...top 5% and law review. congrats to the above poster.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:So that's what it takes to get screeners from a philly t2 at oci...top 5% and law review. congrats to the above poster.


Thanks. I have ties to the area and WE too, that probably helped me too. Was it really bad this year for t2 people getting screeners?

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby keg411 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So that's what it takes to get screeners from a philly t2 at oci...top 5% and law review. congrats to the above poster.


Thanks. I have ties to the area and WE too, that probably helped me too. Was it really bad this year for t2 people getting screeners?


From the people I knew last year, you needed top 5% or top 10% + relevant work experience/prestigious background to get all of the available screeners (oddly enough, from what I saw grades >>>>> LR in terms of those who got biglaw). People who were in the top 15-20% got a couple screeners, but I think after that it was non-existent.

User avatar
arvcondor
Posts: 371
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby arvcondor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:01 pm

keg411 wrote:(oddly enough, from what I saw grades >>>>> LR in terms of those who got biglaw).
That doesn't seem odd at all.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby keg411 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:10 pm

arvcondor wrote:
keg411 wrote:(oddly enough, from what I saw grades >>>>> LR in terms of those who got biglaw).
That doesn't seem odd at all.


True. I guess it should've been just "grades >>>>>>>> LR".

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 am

Yes it was pretty bad for screeners. Like keg said top 5%-10% got most if not all the screeners and top 15%-20% seem to have gotten a few screeners here and there and anything outside of that was non-existent. I know of one person in the top 25% who got almost all of the firms for screeners but he/she is URM.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:09 pm

philly t2, top 20%, secondary journal. I only got the delaware firms and that's probably because of ties to the area. philly firms were not interested at all. I am an alternate at two philly firms but not counting on hearing from there...so in answer to your question yes it was pretty awful for those of us outside the top 10%. wondering how the top 15% did? better luck? are you guys out there?

JJW
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby JJW » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 pm

I spoke with three screeners Friday. Each screener said the same thing, very few SA spots will be available.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Bumping this thread, if only for the sake of posterity.

Philly-area T2, top 5%, LR. Not the previous poster with similar stats.

Screeners:

(Philly)
BlankRome
Cozen
Dechert
Drinker
Duane
Fox
Morgan
Pepper
ReedSmith
Saul
Schnader
Stradley

(Wilmington)
Ashby
Morris
Potter
Richards
Skadden
Young


CBs thus far:

Saul
Duane
Ballard
BlankRome


Dings thus far:

Cozen

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:27 pm

JJW wrote:I spoke with three screeners Friday. Each screener said the same thing, very few SA spots will be available.

Philly over-hired last summer. Even at Penn, a lot of highly qualified people with solid ties are getting dings.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 pm

to the philly t-2 top 5% above poster - have you heard of anyone getting CBs from the Delaware firms at your school? fellow philly t-2 here who's very interested in delaware. thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Median-ish at aT14, ties to the phila. area.
One cb, one ding so far.
Do these phila firms prefer T14's?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:Median-ish at aT14, ties to the phila. area.
One cb, one ding so far.
Do these phila firms prefer T14's?


Median-ish at Penn, from the area with WE. All CB no dings (I did not bid every firm). I think median at Penn and from here (not just ties, but from here) will get you pretty much everything except maybe Dechert.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread, if only for the sake of posterity.

Philly-area T2, top 5%, LR. Not the previous poster with similar stats.

Screeners:

(Philly)
BlankRome
Cozen
Dechert
Drinker
Duane
Fox
Morgan
Pepper
ReedSmith
Saul
Schnader
Stradley

(Wilmington)
Ashby
Morris
Potter
Richards
Skadden
Young


CBs thus far:

Saul
Duane
Ballard
BlankRome


Dings thus far:

Cozen


Villanova or Temple? Revealing this won't out you in anyway. Temple man myself.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread, if only for the sake of posterity.

Philly-area T2, top 5%, LR. Not the previous poster with similar stats.

Screeners:

(Philly)
BlankRome
Cozen
Dechert
Drinker
Duane
Fox
Morgan
Pepper
ReedSmith
Saul
Schnader
Stradley

(Wilmington)
Ashby
Morris
Potter
Richards
Skadden
Young


CBs thus far:

Saul
Duane
Ballard
BlankRome


Dings thus far:

Cozen


Villanova or Temple? Revealing this won't out you in anyway. Temple man myself.



Temple. And I've heard nothing from any Wilmington firm. I've heard they move a bit slower though, so I haven't lost hope quite yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

T14 (not Penn), top 10% and LR, not sure how they view my ties

CBs with Dechert, Cozen, Duane Morris, Fox Rothschild, Drinker, Pepper, Blank Rome, and Skadden Wilmy

Anonymous User
Posts: 273047
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Philly OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this thread, if only for the sake of posterity.

Philly-area T2, top 5%, LR. Not the previous poster with similar stats.

Screeners:

(Philly)
BlankRome
Cozen
Dechert
Drinker
Duane
Fox
Morgan
Pepper
ReedSmith
Saul
Schnader
Stradley

(Wilmington)
Ashby
Morris
Potter
Richards
Skadden
Young


CBs thus far:

Saul
Duane
Ballard
BlankRome


Dings thus far:

Cozen


Villanova or Temple? Revealing this won't out you in anyway. Temple man myself.



Temple. And I've heard nothing from any Wilmington firm. I've heard they move a bit slower though, so I haven't lost hope quite yet.


Thanks fellow Temple comrade. My interviews were almost entirely with Wilmington so that makes me feel better. Top 20% secondary journal.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.