Can't Make Screener--Call or Email?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Can't Make Screener--Call or Email?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:12 am

I read advice that you should schedule your callbacks as soon as possible--they only have so many slots to fill, and the sooner you can get your foot in the door, the better.

Well, I was so excited when I got my first callback that I scheduled it on their first available date. The problem is that this callback is in a different market (about three hours away) and I assuredly won't be able to make it to a screening interview that day.

Weighing everything, I think it's best to save the callback and not reschedule them, but instead try to reschedule the screening interview. I'm only missing one firm, but it's a firm that I think I'd really like to work for.

What should I do? Call or email the firm to ask to reschedule/get coffee/have me come to the firm?

Re: Can't Make Screener--Call or Email?

Postby blurbz » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:17 am

Really? You scheduled overlapping interviews? Come on.....

If I worked for the screening firm, I'd just move on. What are you going to tell them the reason is? You double-booked? I don't see that working out too well....

I think you've got to pick the firm you prefer and go to that interview. Personally, if I had made this mistake, the odds are better at the CB firm so I'd keep that one.

Re: Can't Make Screener--Call or Email?

Postby fatduck » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:23 am

I wish I knew who OP was, because I suspect this may be a masterful

Return to “Legal Employment”