3L OCI Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L OCI Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:30 pm

Does anybody know what is the general rule for NY 3L OCI Callbacks?

I understand that during NY 2L OCI, you would know within a week at the most. Anybody has insight?

Thanks!

kalvano

Re: 3L OCI Callbacks

Postby kalvano » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Also, to piggyback on this thread, are 3L interviews different at all?

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:40 am

kalvano wrote:Also, to piggyback on this thread, are 3L interviews different at all?

From my experience, there is always the implied "why aren't you doing whatever you did last summer?" If it's obvious (unpaid gov't work), they'll want to know if you tried to get firms or weren't competitive or whatever. If it's not obvious (trading firms or paid gov't), they'll want to know why you like them more and why you weren't squeezed out of the other job for being stupid/jerk. Also, they'll often be hiring for a specific practice group, so they'll want a bit more commitment than "transactional or litigation." All of my 3L interviews have included some kind of "So, did you hear of this recent case in our field? Can you discuss what you think about that area of law?"

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:44 am

LawIdiot86 wrote:
kalvano wrote:Also, to piggyback on this thread, are 3L interviews different at all?

From my experience, there is always the implied "why aren't you doing whatever you did last summer?" If it's obvious (unpaid gov't work), they'll want to know if you tried to get firms or weren't competitive or whatever. If it's not obvious (trading firms or paid gov't), they'll want to know why you like them more and why you weren't squeezed out of the other job for being stupid/jerk. Also, they'll often be hiring for a specific practice group, so they'll want a bit more commitment than "transactional or litigation." All of my 3L interviews have included some kind of "So, did you hear of this recent case in our field? Can you discuss what you think about that area of law?"

I worked at a small firm and it's not a guaranteed offer even if they liked me, and the firm I'm interviewing with is pure litigation.

Thanks for the tip on recent cases though.

Return to “Legal Employment”