When are Offers usually given? No-offers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When are Offers usually given? No-offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I know last day is popular for big firms that have ~100% offer rates, but what about elsewhere?

Bosque

Re: When are Offers usually given? No-offers?

Postby Bosque » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know last day is popular for big firms that have ~100% offer rates, but what about elsewhere?

Varies. And even some firms which end up at a 100% rate don't tell the summers till after they leave.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Bosque wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know last day is popular for big firms that have ~100% offer rates, but what about elsewhere?

Varies. And even some firms which end up at a 100% rate don't tell the summers till after they leave.

What's the typical time frame? What's the latest you've heard of?

Is there always an affirmative contact for a no-offer? The days passing is a bad thing, no?

[Btw, this is preemptive for me; I'm still working. I'm just curious, and I don't know what we do here.]

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Bosque wrote:

What's the typical time frame? What's the latest you've heard of?

Is there always an affirmative contact for a no-offer? The days passing is a bad thing, no?

[Btw, this is preemptive for me; I'm still working. I'm just curious, and I don't know what we do here.]

Ask someone. Nothing wrong with asking what the typical timeframe is on hearing about offers, and the recruiting people at your firm are gonna know way better than us. If you feel awkward asking right now, you can bring it up in the exit interview if you have not heard before then.

I don't think I have ever heard of a firm not contacting you one way or the other. I HAVE heard of firms being really passive about no offers and snail mailing them. But they should let you know somehow.

Return to “Legal Employment”