Interviews outside OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interviews outside OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi guys, I have had 2 separate OCI firms reject me for an interview then follow up with an email asking me to schedule something with them.
One of them is from out of state, so I can see why they might just want to phone interview a few candidates and not fly in. The other is a big, in-town firm.
Anybody have experience with this? Is it a good sign? What is the reasoning behind this?

rad lulz

Re: Interviews outside OCI

Postby rad lulz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Maybe they are just disorganized. I got rejected via mailing from a firm, then they flew me back for a CB.

That said, it doesn't fucking matter. Just do your best in the interviews. Stop worrying ab shit you can't control.

sambeber

Postby sambeber » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:51 pm

rad lulz wrote:Maybe they are just disorganized. I got rejected via mailing from a firm, then they flew me back for a CB.

That said, it doesn't fucking matter. Just do your best in the interviews. Stop worrying ab shit you can't control.

I feel like every other thread I click on these days, I'm about to say this, until I see that you did. Maybe you can make one post with all the "stop worrying about it, do your best" situations and we can be done with this? I'd be glad to help :)

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:23 pm

sambeber wrote:
rad lulz wrote:Maybe they are just disorganized. I got rejected via mailing from a firm, then they flew me back for a CB.

I feel like every other thread I click on these days, I'm about to say this, until I see that you did. Maybe you can make one post with all the "stop worrying about it, do your best" situations and we can be done with this? I'd be glad to help :)

Basically any form of "what are my chances" inquiry is worthless

Return to “Legal Employment”