Cross-Country Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cross-Country Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:54 pm

I am wondering how people handle callbacks when their target market is across the country, logistically-speaking. I'm not totally sure how to even ask the question that I'm trying to figure out, but just as an example, let's say you go to school on the east coast and are targeting a west coast city. Now Firm A calls tomorrow and says we'd like to have you out for a callback in two weeks. You suspect that you might find out about other callbacks in the same area from Firms B and C in the next week or two. How do you to account for this possibility while also keeping flight costs in mind, so that you're not flying back and forth every three days? Do firm require you to schedule around their callback only, or can you add on extra, speculative time? How about hotels?

Thanks.

crossingforHYS

Re: Cross-Country Callbacks

Postby crossingforHYS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:06 pm

ask your cso

I heard the best way was to miss a week at a time and try to fit them all in within that week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:06 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:ask your cso

I heard the best way was to miss a week at a time and try to fit them all in within that week.

Also, firms understand so you can pick a host firm to foot the bill , give them the names of the other firm and they will then compensate and split the cost.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:ask your cso

Also, firms understand so you can pick a host firm to foot the bill , give them the names of the other firm and they will then compensate and split the cost.

OP here: the question I was trying to convey is, what if you're not certain that there will be other firms?

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:20 pm

oooo got it.

Sorry OP, RC fail.

If you are not sure, I would plan it for one day and then if something comes in late have them reschedule or talk to the other firm to see about costs.

Every firm has a travel agent so they will be able to figure stuff out. But just be open to communicating with the firms at all times. Hope this helps :).

Return to “Legal Employment”