Resume to lunch interview?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
VY10
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Resume to lunch interview?

Postby VY10 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Lunch interview scheduled for today with managing partner. I was planning on not bringing a resume for the simple fact I think it would be awkward bringing a leather portfolio to lunch. yes/no?

User avatar
DrGuano
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Resume to lunch interview?

Postby DrGuano » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:23 pm

VY10 wrote:Lunch interview scheduled for today with managing partner. I was planning on not bringing a resume for the simple fact I think it would be awkward bringing a leather portfolio to lunch. yes/no?


Bring a briefcase. Much less awkward and more professional. Unlikely to get a strange look, and it's there, with the resume inside, if you need it.

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Resume to lunch interview?

Postby Verity » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 pm

DrGuano wrote:
VY10 wrote:Lunch interview scheduled for today with managing partner. I was planning on not bringing a resume for the simple fact I think it would be awkward bringing a leather portfolio to lunch. yes/no?


Bring a briefcase. Much less awkward and more professional. Unlikely to get a strange look, and it's there, with the resume inside, if you need it.


Unless you're currently working, don't bring a briefcase.

User avatar
DrGuano
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Resume to lunch interview?

Postby DrGuano » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Verity wrote:
DrGuano wrote:
VY10 wrote:Lunch interview scheduled for today with managing partner. I was planning on not bringing a resume for the simple fact I think it would be awkward bringing a leather portfolio to lunch. yes/no?


Bring a briefcase. Much less awkward and more professional. Unlikely to get a strange look, and it's there, with the resume inside, if you need it.


Unless you're currently working, don't bring a briefcase.


Something slim like this is absolutely fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-313216 ... briefcases

Brought it to all my interviews/lunches and did quite well. I don't advise showing up with an elephant bag, but carrying around something like the bag above is never going to be second-guessed.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.