OCI Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

OCI Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:06 am

So I transferred to BC/BU and did OCI. I applied to 17 firms and we got our results back. I got 5 interviews/pre-selects and 2 alternates. Is that normal/good/bad? Obviously I'll need to work on my interview skills. I was in the top 5% at my old school but it wasn't nearly ranked as high as my new school.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: OCI Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:23 am

Are you one of the people who posted in BU/BC thread? If so, there are many other like you who got 5 preselects. I think it's decent, but I would certainly continue to apply to other firms through resume collections and such as backup. Btw, if you go to BU, the lottery hasn't run yet, so you may still end up lucky.

Anonymous User

Re: OCI Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Btw, if you go to BU, the lottery hasn't run yet, so you may still end up lucky.

Is this correct? I thought we were not explicitly told which preselects were actually from the lottery and that we received them all at once. I could be wrong (TBH, I hope I am).

Return to “Legal Employment”