Email firm coming to OCI if no interivew?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TLSNYC

Email firm coming to OCI if no interivew?

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Didn't bid on a firm coming to OCI because, quite frankly, I didn't know it existed. Found out about the firm today because it represents an organization that I am very involved with. I don't think I'll be able to interview for it unless someone trades me a bid (looking unlikely) or I get a spot off the waitlist (also unlikely). Would it be alright to email the director of recruiting and express my interest and hope for an interview?

Lawquacious

Re: Email firm coming to OCI if no interivew?

Postby Lawquacious » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:09 pm

I would ask career services their policy on this dude.

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Do you not have special requests?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 pm

What have you got to lose? You might get an interview, if you don't, you're no worse off than you are.

sbalive

Postby sbalive » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 pm

If they have a hospitality suite, you can go there. Try not to mention why you didn't bid on them though.

If you can hustle a contact within the firm through your organization, you may be more successful. Also, I wouldn't worry about your CSO's policy on doing this. I can't imagine it being against their policy, and even if it is, you should do your best to avoid knowing that. Ignorance is bliss.

Return to “Legal Employment”