Vandy OCI Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 pm

A friend just confirmed a Dechert cb and I know Baker Donelson had one last night.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are the anonymous posters on TLS the exception to the rule or the rule? I find it very discouraging that 95% of interviewers (or those posting here) are striking out completely. Was just wondering what the feel is on campus, and how many people are actually having success.


I'm 40%ish + law review with no callbacks. I know people who definitely should have callbacks (like a dude who's 15%ish with 15 screeners and zero callbacks). A lot of other kids on LR with me have no callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 pm

I feel like a decent number of my friends have at least one callback. Others are entering panic-mode. No one really knows what's going on so it's hard to get a big picture.

I know I'm freaking out. I thought I'd get at least one callback and there's nothing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:58 pm

its a wasteland out there..i didnt think everyone would walk out with something but i didnt think it would be THIS bad

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are the anonymous posters on TLS the exception to the rule or the rule? I find it very discouraging that 95% of interviewers (or those posting here) are striking out completely. Was just wondering what the feel is on campus, and how many people are actually having success.


It's hard to generalize about the campus as a whole but I will say that I know a good number of people who are either already all set with offers or have enough CBs that they are starting to relax.

The CBs were slow to come in. After doing almost all the OCI interviews last week, a lot of the CBs didn't start happening until this week. The week of silence in between caused some people to panic. But, as the guy who called me today for a CB said, they just had their hiring meeting today and are now able to make the calls.

Also, I think people who are doing well are hesitant to advertise (either on here or in person) because we are acutely aware that others are struggling and don't want to be insensitive.

The posts above about people on journals in the top half of the class without any CBs are disconcerting but they are only one part of the picture and I would bet that additional CBs will be forthcoming. I personally know people who have offers or CBs in NY, DC, CA, TX, ATL, Nashville, and a smattering of smaller markets.

Regardless, I wish everyone the best. Don't lose hope on the people you haven't heard from yet but don't stop hustling until you have an offer in hand.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are the anonymous posters on TLS the exception to the rule or the rule? I find it very discouraging that 95% of interviewers (or those posting here) are striking out completely. Was just wondering what the feel is on campus, and how many people are actually having success.


It's hard to generalize about the campus as a whole but I will say that I know a good number of people who are either already all set with offers or have enough CBs that they are starting to relax.

The CBs were slow to come in. After doing almost all the OCI interviews last week, a lot of the CBs didn't start happening until this week. The week of silence in between caused some people to panic. But, as the guy who called me today for a CB said, they just had their hiring meeting today and are now able to make the calls.

Also, I think people who are doing well are hesitant to advertise (either on here or in person) because we are acutely aware that others are struggling and don't want to be insensitive.

The posts above about people on journals in the top half of the class without any CBs are disconcerting but they are only one part of the picture and I would bet that additional CBs will be forthcoming. I personally know people who have offers or CBs in NY, DC, CA, TX, ATL, Nashville, and a smattering of smaller markets.

Regardless, I wish everyone the best. Don't lose hope on the people you haven't heard from yet but don't stop hustling until you have an offer in hand.


which market and/or firm did your call come from?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Top 20%, journal (not LR) here, 0/8. The idea that CBs are now rolling in is definitely not the case amongst the people I know, including those on journals with good grades.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are the anonymous posters on TLS the exception to the rule or the rule? I find it very discouraging that 95% of interviewers (or those posting here) are striking out completely. Was just wondering what the feel is on campus, and how many people are actually having success.


It's hard to generalize about the campus as a whole but I will say that I know a good number of people who are either already all set with offers or have enough CBs that they are starting to relax.

The CBs were slow to come in. After doing almost all the OCI interviews last week, a lot of the CBs didn't start happening until this week. The week of silence in between caused some people to panic. But, as the guy who called me today for a CB said, they just had their hiring meeting today and are now able to make the calls.

Also, I think people who are doing well are hesitant to advertise (either on here or in person) because we are acutely aware that others are struggling and don't want to be insensitive.

The posts above about people on journals in the top half of the class without any CBs are disconcerting but they are only one part of the picture and I would bet that additional CBs will be forthcoming. I personally know people who have offers or CBs in NY, DC, CA, TX, ATL, Nashville, and a smattering of smaller markets.

Regardless, I wish everyone the best. Don't lose hope on the people you haven't heard from yet but don't stop hustling until you have an offer in hand.


which market and/or firm did your call come from?


One of the larger Nashville firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 am

Hogan (NY) ding via e-mail this morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:12 am

4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


regardless of the truth of this, i'm really starting to regret going to vandy

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


regardless of the truth of this, i'm really starting to regret going to vandy



+1

Snail mail ding from HH over the weekend

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hogan (NY) ding via e-mail this morning.


Same.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hogan (NY) ding via e-mail this morning.


Same.


so much for callbacks slowly rolling in...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:12 pm

any word on hunton & williams?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:13 pm

Received Dinsmore & Shohl Louisville CB this morning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


regardless of the truth of this, i'm really starting to regret going to vandy

As our career services should be reminding everyone, OCI is not a magic path to jobs. All of my 3L friends had jobs last summer, almost none of them got those jobs through OCI.

Hustle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


regardless of the truth of this, i'm really starting to regret going to vandy

As our career services should be reminding everyone, OCI is not a magic path to jobs. All of my 3L friends had jobs last summer, almost none of them got those jobs through OCI.

Hustle.


agreed, but when people who are top 20% + LR or have a 4.0 + LR are striking out (as in not even getting a single cb), something is very wrong/very shitty. i'm sure everyone here is mass-mailing, but our OCI appears to be exceptionally shitty.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


Wait, seriously? That can't be true. I think we might have some trolling going on here...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


Wait, seriously? That can't be true. I think we might have some trolling going on here...


That seems wrong to me as well. Jesus.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


Wait, seriously? That can't be true. I think we might have some trolling going on here...


That seems wrong to me as well. Jesus.


regardless of the veracity of this claim, shit is still bad.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:4.0+ gpa, law review, 12 interviews from 13 bids, 0 callbacks thus far


Wait, seriously? That can't be true. I think we might have some trolling going on here...


Author of original quote here--unfortunately true. (To preemptively avoid speculation about poor interviewing skills, I am fairly confident that my interviewing skills are adequate.) I remain hopeful and will update if my status changes. I have confirmed, however, that several (though not all) firms with which I interviewed have already given offers to others.

Several interviewers have skeptically asked why I would be seriously interested in them because I will have "so many great options."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Several interviewers have skeptically asked why I would be seriously interested in them because I will have "so many great options."


This happened to me in one of my interviews...this is such garbage.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Do you think this is a nation-wide thing or is Vandy in particular suffering?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273145
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Friend got Hogan Lovells (DC) CB yesterday. But this is also someone with 7 CBs. :(




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.