Vandy OCI Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Damn, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any callbacks at this point.


same here. this is really disappointing...i figured with top 20% and LR and at least decent interview skills, I'd get at least a few.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Damn, I'm pretty sure I'm not getting any callbacks at this point.


same here. this is really disappointing...i figured with top 20% and LR and at least decent interview skills, I'd get at least a few.

Apparently top 20% doesn't mean as much as I thought it did either. Gonna be fun mass mailing 300 firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Do we know if Hogan Lovells or Allen and Overy has called anyone back yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Pretty sure Locke Lord gave unofficial callbacks by dinner invites last night.


Can confirm this.


Baker Botts did something similar, apparently.


Can anyone confirm Baker Botts dinner invites?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Has anyone heard from Andrews Kurth or Bracewell?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do we know if Hogan Lovells or Allen and Overy has called anyone back yet?


A&O (NY) has. Don't know about Hogan so I'm hoping they haven't.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Has anyone heard from Locke Lord Dallas?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Any word on Sutherland DC? I know Sutherland ATL has given out cbs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Anyone heard from any of the Chattanooga firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:03 pm

my conclusion from this thread is either a) very few people have heard back from OCI yet or b) just TLS people haven't heard back and we're all screwed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:my conclusion from this thread is either a) very few people have heard back from OCI yet or b) just TLS people haven't heard back and we're all screwed.


I know some people who have never been on TLS who are similarly striking out. Hopefully this just means that it's taking long, not that Vandy is getting screwed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:my conclusion from this thread is either a) very few people have heard back from OCI yet or b) just TLS people haven't heard back and we're all screwed.


I know some people who have never been on TLS who are similarly striking out. Hopefully this just means that it's taking long, not that Vandy is getting screwed.


Seconded. Someone I know with a 3.8+ and LR has only one CB so far (from a DC firm), so it might just be slow. *fingers crossed*

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:my conclusion from this thread is either a) very few people have heard back from OCI yet or b) just TLS people haven't heard back and we're all screwed.


I know some people who have never been on TLS who are similarly striking out. Hopefully this just means that it's taking long, not that Vandy is getting screwed.


Seconded. Someone I know with a 3.8+ and LR has only one CB so far (from a DC firm), so it might just be slow. *fingers crossed*


Thirded...if that's a thing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 pm

hopefully monday and tuesday bring good phone calls...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:hopefully monday and tuesday bring good phone calls...


God, I hope so. I'm a ball of stress. Can't focus on readings at all!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:46 pm

still not a single OCI callback. this is so incredibly frustrating.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I've already heard of one DC CB that went out today. Hopefully things were just slow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:31 pm

HH rejection by mail (which is expected considering callbacks went out last week). Nothing otherwise.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've already heard of one DC CB that went out today. Hopefully things were just slow.


Which one?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Still nothing! Luckily no rejections in my mailbox (yet)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've already heard of one DC CB that went out today. Hopefully things were just slow.


Which firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Hogan Lovells NY callbacks went out this afternoon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:HH rejection by mail (which is expected considering callbacks went out last week). Nothing otherwise.


Same

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:HH rejection by mail (which is expected considering callbacks went out last week). Nothing otherwise.


Same

Same, and a Cadwalader too. Surprised I haven't gotten Alston yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273083
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Vandy OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hogan Lovells NY callbacks went out this afternoon.


Guess I missed out on that one too.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.