USC / UCLA OCI 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am

yeah

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am

[sorry double post]

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 am

I was also contacted by Akin

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 am

to those that were contacted by akin: what stats did you guys have?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 am

3.5ish

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:14 pm

same ^

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Still waiting on the results from a CB that was A MONTH ago. Followed up via email and no response. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!? Fuck this process.

Yes, I'm mad.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:21 pm

You say litigation or transactional?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You say litigation or transactional?

huh? is this question directed at my post directly above yours?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You say litigation or transactional?

huh? is this question directed at my post directly above yours?


yeah my bad, im a shit quoter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You say litigation or transactional?

huh? is this question directed at my post directly above yours?


yeah my bad, im a shit quoter.

The firm is litigation-focused and I said litigation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:17 am

Anyone hear from the recent Dykema resume collect?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:49 am

nah. you?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:nah. you?

Nope. Don't have high hopes either, considering it seems there are quite a few people who struck out at OCI with high GPAs that are still looking.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from the recent Dykema resume collect?

anyone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 am

dinged by akin

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:dinged by akin

damn, i feel your pain.

anyone here still interviewing for big law?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:dinged by akin

damn, i feel your pain.

anyone here still interviewing for big law?


Got an offer this week from a firm that underestimated its needs at OCI. I only learned of the opening because of a networking contact I made back in January, so the lesson here is network, network, network, and network some more.

btw I am below-median.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:dinged by akin

damn, i feel your pain.

anyone here still interviewing for big law?


Got an offer this week from a firm that underestimated its needs at OCI. I only learned of the opening because of a networking contact I made back in January, so the lesson here is network, network, network, and network some more.

btw I am below-median.



what firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273382
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:dinged by akin

damn, i feel your pain.

anyone here still interviewing for big law?


Got an offer this week from a firm that underestimated its needs at OCI. I only learned of the opening because of a networking contact I made back in January, so the lesson here is network, network, network, and network some more.

btw I am below-median.



what firm?



Don't want to completely out myself but it is a firm that interviewed at OCI (actually rejected me once before) and pays market. They decided to create another spot and, because I had stayed in touch, I got the first crack at it.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.