USC / UCLA OCI 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a 2nd call back (so third interview, if you include the screener) with a small firm coming up.

I didn't even know there were 3rd interviews? Is this common? Is it good? (obviously can't be bad right).

Never heard of such a thing. Are you willing to say which firm?

No I won't say which firm, but you can probably guess from the small firms that were at OCI. I do know one of my friends got an offer during a 3rd interview with Paul Hastings, so it cant be unheard of. Although, maybe small firms just do things differently too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:USC: Sedgwick LA snail mail rejection.

post screener or post cb?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:USC: Sedgwick LA snail mail rejection.

post screener or post cb?

screener

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 am

Anyone hear anything from Kirkland SF? I've heard nothing since the screener and, quite frankly, I'm shocked that they haven't rejected me yet. They probably just haven't gotten around to sending the letter/email.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:01 am

USC: Got a ding after screener from Rutan and Tucker today. Whatever, the interviewer was having a meltdown and was on his phone the whole time.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:USC: Got a ding after screener from Rutan and Tucker today. Whatever, the interviewer was having a meltdown and was on his phone the whole time

Still haven't heard from them after the screener. I guess I should expect a rejection in the mail any day now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:USC: Got a ding after screener from Rutan and Tucker today. Whatever, the interviewer was having a meltdown and was on his phone the whole time

HAHA. I probably interviewed shortly after you because he spent 5 minutes talking about said meltdown.

Also, I haven't heard from Morgan Lewis, K&L Gates, and Stroock still. I'm guessing they just haven't sent the rejections out or something.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:

HAHA. I probably interviewed shortly after you because he spent 5 minutes talking about said meltdown.

I thought that Indian dude was pretty cool. Then again, he didn't have a melt down when I was talking to him. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by melt down? What exactly happened?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:09 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I thought that Indian dude was pretty cool. Then again, he didn't have a melt down when I was talking to him. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by melt down? What exactly happened?

I think you had a different Rutan interviewer; they had several rooms. One of the guys was this offbeat white guy who had some problem with something work related and he was going on and on about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think you had a different Rutan interviewer; they had several rooms. One of the guys was this offbeat white guy who had some problem with something work related and he was going on and on about it.

Gotcha. Yea I definitely had a different interviewer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Also, I haven't heard from Morgan Lewis, K&L Gates, and Stroock still. I'm guessing they just haven't sent the rejections out or something.

I have still not heard a peep from 7 firms after the initial screener, K&L Gates (Irvine) being one of them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have still not heard a peep from 7 firms after the initial screener, K&L Gates (Irvine) being one of them.

Hm, yeah, waiting on that same Irvine office. I'm thinking they just haven't gotten around to dinging us.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Hm, yeah, waiting on that same Irvine office. I'm thinking they just haven't gotten around to dinging us.

That's what I'm thinking. You never know though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Has anyone received an offer from Cox Castle? Did a CB a while back and have yet to hear anything.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:58 am

I can haz updates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Any word on Milbank or Strook LA?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any word on Milbank or Strook LA?

Had a cb with Mibank over two Weeks ago, no response yet. Slow? Or am I in a hold pile? Or they just haven't dinged me yet :(!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Had a cb with Mibank over two Weeks ago, no response yet. Slow? Or am I in a hold pile? Or they just haven't dinged me yet :(!

Offers from Milbank have gone out.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

anyone have insight on something like this? if offers have been out, but you haven't heard from a firm, does that mean you've been dinged and they just haven't sent it out yet, or is there something like a offer waitlist?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:37 pm

I had a callback from Bingham almost a month ago, and haven't heard a peep. I have another offer, but I'm very likely on a waitlist. Wondering if they've already sent out post-cb rejections. I know they obviously have already made offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 pm

anybody receive a Pillsbury LA offer yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you know when they went out/started going out? Last week or earlier?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Anyone participating in phase II? I've had 2 CBs that I haven't heard back from yet, so I'm going to.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:52 pm

Lasers wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

anyone have insight on something like this? if offers have been out, but you haven't heard from a firm, does that mean you've been dinged and they just haven't sent it out yet, or is there something like a offer waitlist?

Of course there's an offer waitlist - because most offers are not accepted. The firm gives their top pick(s) offers and then if they decline the offer then they people they have not dinged ("offer waitlist" you can call it) and then they go to them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:37 pm

Lasers wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just did a Littler CB.

Does anyone have any clue as to the turnaround time? I thought it went really well, all told. But who knows, I've been wrong before!

anywhere from 1 day to 4 weeks+? i'd guess it's usually 1-2 weeks though?

Any news?

Return to “Legal Employment”