USC / UCLA OCI 2012 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Lasers

Gold

Re: USC / UCLA OCI 2012

Post by Lasers » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:35 pm

so, kl gates has given callbacks to usc.

anyone hear from:
goodwin procter?
rutan?
morgan lewis?
paul hastings?
stroock?
alston?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm also still unclear on whether Sheppard LA has responded to any USC folks yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I know of dinners for Gibson, Paul Hastings, and Proskauer. OMM CC, SullCrom and MoFo had receptions, but I am pretty sure they were for everyone who interviewed.

Also, if UCLA has gotten callbacks, I think it would be safe to assume USC should be getting callbacks as well since UCLA's OCI was after USC's. Most big firms starting getting back to people within a day or two. That being said, the only firms above I know people have starting hearing from are Goodwin and Paul Hastings.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know of dinners for Gibson, Paul Hastings, and Proskauer. OMM CC, SullCrom and MoFo had receptions, but I am pretty sure they were for everyone who interviewed.

Also, if UCLA has gotten callbacks, I think it would be safe to assume USC should be getting callbacks as well since UCLA's OCI was after USC's. Most big firms starting getting back to people within a day or two. That being said, the only firms above I know people have starting hearing from are Goodwin and Paul Hastings.
USC student here -- definitely didn't get invited to a OMM reception, so not everyone was invited! lol.

I'm sad about Paul Hastings; I thought my interview went really, really well, but I didn't get an invite to a dinner....oh well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:33 pm

USC here.

I got a callback from proskauer the day after the screener, but didn't get invited to a dinner. whatevs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:01 am

Same as the above poster. From UCLA. No dinner but callback. This whole process is just messed up

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone at USC heard from
Orrick,
Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp,
Morgan Lewis & Bockius,
Reed Smith,
or
Venable,
All LA offices?
I have heard that Orrick has given at least one CB

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Orrick,
Morgan Lewis & Bockius,
Reed Smith,
or
Venable,
All LA offices?

Shitttttt

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Orrick,
Morgan Lewis & Bockius,
Reed Smith,
or
Venable,
All LA offices?

Shitttttt
lol +1. I liked Orrick. :/

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:07 pm

gresham savage callback via email today (USC).
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Perkins coie CB this morning. (USC)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 pm

Congrats all! :) USC student here. Hoping to hear from some more firms this week! As a transfer my hopes are not high, but we will see. I have my first CB tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous.

As a transfer student, do you think the "Why did you transfer" thing is going to pop up again? Or, at a CB stage, is it really more about how well you fit with the firm? Basically, when does my transfer stigma go away? lol.

anon5225

New

Post by anon5225 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats all! :) USC student here. Hoping to hear from some more firms this week! As a transfer my hopes are not high, but we will see. I have my first CB tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous.

As a transfer student, do you think the "Why did you transfer" thing is going to pop up again? Or, at a CB stage, is it really more about how well you fit with the firm? Basically, when does my transfer stigma go away? lol.

It's not a stigma; if they ask it's because they're curious. Just make sure your answers are consistent because they will discuss them later.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:48 pm

anon5225 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Congrats all! :) USC student here. Hoping to hear from some more firms this week! As a transfer my hopes are not high, but we will see. I have my first CB tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous.

It's not a stigma; if they ask it's because they're curious. Just make sure your answers are consistent because they will discuss them later.
Yeah, I answer the same way every time. Thanks for the advice! I definitely will try and stay consistent with all of my answers tomorrow.

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Just be positive and enthusiastic - focus on the future what you wanted out of the new school rather than what you didn't like in the old one.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Anybody heard anything today? I haven't heard back from any firms.

Still waiting to hear who my interviewers are for tomorrow's CB, though. When is it appropriate to email/call the recruiting coordinator and ask who I am interviewing with?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody heard anything today? I haven't heard back from any firms.

Still waiting to hear who my interviewers are for tomorrow's CB, though. When is it appropriate to email/call the recruiting coordinator and ask who I am interviewing with?

And just like that, I got my list of interviewers. Apparently the trick is to anonymously whine on TLS :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody heard anything today? I haven't heard back from any firms.

In this exact same position except I already spoke to the recruitor today and she said she would get it to me soon but that was 4 hours ago...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:00 pm

I heard from jones day (la) and Perkins coie. (USC)

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:03 pm

JJDancer wrote:

In this exact same position except I already spoke to the recruitor today and she said she would get it to me soon but that was 4 hours ago...
You were right! Worrying on TLS works as I just got my list as well :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I heard from jones day (la) and Perkins coie. (USC)
congrats!

no movement for me today...haven't heard anyone mention a lot of the firms i'm waiting for, either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:48 pm

(UCLA) 5/19 so far with dings from Keesal and from Rutan & Tucker.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33 pm

Email ding from Jones Day at UCLA. Knew that was coming, my interviewers were awful.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:(UCLA) 5/19 so far with dings from Keesal and from Rutan & Tucker.
hmm, still no response from rutan at usc...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Email ding from Jones Day at UCLA. Knew that was coming, my interviewers were awful.
Same here on both counts. By far the worst interview I've had. Interviewers had no interest from the second I walked in the door.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”