Partner at v50 just yelled at me for NO reason

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
timbs4339

Re: Partner at v50 just yelled at me for NO reason

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:25 pm

drbarry987 wrote:
apparentlynew wrote:OP, we need to know more about the partners before we can responsibly counsel you. Are they silverbacks? Are the females in heat? If you are confident in your strength, challenge the strongest one for leadership of the clan. However, if the leader is not yet withered with age, I'd advise you to slink away, eyes averted.

And don't leave a note - gorillas hate notes.

180 ^ 180. rofl

OP, you need to find the managing/rainmaking partner to assert your dominance. The partner who yelled at you is not the true alpha calling the shots. Physical confrontation will establish dominance most effectively. Something along the lines of barging into their office during a client meeting, shoving the senior partner while beating your chest and asserting, "and I could to YOUR job too - oscillating between bert staring the partner and then the client." 15 seconds of this and you will be first chairing bet-the-company trials in a flash brah.

Fuck that. Obviously this firm is mired in the Dark Ages and will soon fold. No amount of convincing will snap them out of their obviously inefficient use of valuable resources.

OP: Go directly to the clients. From what little I know about your firm, you won't have any problem persuading a few of them to become your clients. Then tell your school you plan to take both Fall and Spring finals in a month, and tell the State Supreme Court to make an exception allowing you to take the bar the next week. Obviously you'll pass with a week's prep, and then you'll be good to go.

WODKilla123

Postby WODKilla123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:45 pm

OP, we need to know the partner's squat one rep max and LSAT score ASAP to assess your chances at assuming social dominance over him.

ams212

Postby ams212 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:57 pm

--ImageRemoved--

boosk

Postby boosk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:13 pm

wiseowl wrote:Need to know RIGHT NAO whether this partner has ever foghorned you at a urinal.

I just spit on my computer screen laughing at work

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Alright, people, I'll out the firm: Shearman & Sterling. I just quit today. Decided not to go with the note. Since I got a shit ton of offers from OCI, I will go and talk to some of these firms now for a permanent position (well, just the great ones like Cravath). They all seemed to want me desperately, as do most firms in the NYC area.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Alright, people, I'll out the firm: Shearman & Sterling. I just quit today. Decided not to go with the note. Since I got a shit ton of offers from OCI, I will go and talk to some of these firms now for a permanent position (well, just the great ones like Cravath). They all seemed to want me desperately, as do most firms in the NYC area.

Just out of curiosity, how do you plan on explaining your history in the SS?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 pm

just curious, are you anonymous because you're trying to stay "in character" or because you're embarrassed about being terrible and unfunny

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Alright, people, I'll out the firm: Shearman & Sterling. I just quit today. Decided not to go with the note. Since I got a shit ton of offers from OCI, I will go and talk to some of these firms now for a permanent position (well, just the great ones like Cravath). They all seemed to want me desperately, as do most firms in the NYC area.

This was not written by the OP. Can we get a moderator to oust this impostor?

top30man

Postby top30man » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 pm

fatduck wrote:just curious, are you anonymous because you're trying to stay "in character" or because you're embarrassed about being terrible and unfunny

Also wondering this.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:49 am

As someone who was at S&S this summer, I can guarantee that OP is flame if he claims he just quit S&S seeing as how our final day was last Friday. Fail flame all around OP.

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:As someone who was at S&S this summer, I can guarantee that OP is flame if he claims he just quit S&S seeing as how our final day was last Friday. Fail flame all around OP.

Wonder why he picked your firm?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:55 pm

I don't know why you guys feel the need to gang up on the OP for NO reason.

Return to “Legal Employment”