Post-Offer 3L Interviewing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post-Offer 3L Interviewing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed. I received an offer from a V5 this summer (not a cold offer situation). I really like the firm and the offer was very enthusiastic, but I am interested in another firm I was unable to interview with during 2L summer. Is there any downside to interviewing at the other firm (in the same city)?

Re: Post-Offer 3L Interviewing

Postby 09042014 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 pm

Cravath calls your old firm to see if your offer is real.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm in the same situation, and what is making me nervous is whether my summer firm will suspect I am interviewing with other firms since I have not accepted my offer yet whereas most of my class accepted on the spot. I guess that is the potential downside....putting off the firm that you will likely end up at (since getting a 3L offer is so unlikely).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Cravath calls your old firm to see if your offer is real.

Is this for real? I am interviewing with them but I'm cancelling ASAP if that's the case. I really did get an offer but do not want to tell my summer firm I am just interviewing with Cravath when I may not even get a CB let alone an offer

Postby 09042014 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Is this for real? I am interviewing with them but I'm cancelling ASAP if that's the case. I really did get an offer but do not want to tell my summer firm I am just interviewing with Cravath when I may not even get a CB let alone an offer

They did it to my friend after the CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

did your friend then get an offer? also, what vault range was his 2L summer firm?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm

fucking lol if they called his 2L firm and then didn't offer him

Postby 09042014 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

did your friend then get an offer? also, what vault range was his 2L summer firm?

Shamed into withdrawing and quickly took his other offer. V5

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, they really call to see if you have an actual offer. I do hope they only do it if they want to give you an offer.

Anonymous User wrote:I'm in the same situation, and what is making me nervous is whether my summer firm will suspect I am interviewing with other firms since I have not accepted my offer yet whereas most of my class accepted on the spot. I guess that is the potential downside....putting off the firm that you will likely end up at (since getting a 3L offer is so unlikely).

Unless you are spending 2-3 weeks returning to a previous 1L firm, they will suspect you are interviewing.

Return to “Legal Employment”