Who do I address my cover letter to?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Who do I address my cover letter to?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 pm

If the firm provides no name, and no amount of Google searching provides the name of a recruiter or a hiring coordinator or what have you. It's a generic employment@ e-mail address. Any advice? TIA!

Anonymous User

Re: Who do I address my cover letter to?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Is it a NALP firm? Because it will be on NALP even if it's not on the firms website

swilson215

Re: Who do I address my cover letter to?

Postby swilson215 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 am

If you can't find someone on linkedin that has something to do with office administration or recruiting, I would send the email to the hiring partner. If one isn't specified on the firm website, then I would probably address it to the managing partner (who will be identified).

Or you can always call the reception desk at the firm and ask for the name and email address of the recruiting/HR/administrator.

Return to “Legal Employment”