Should I put Mr. on my resume?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm

I have a first name that is commonly mistaken as a womans first name. So, should I put Mr. so and so on top of my resume to eliminate any potential chance of confusion/mistake?

JetsFan1990
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 am

Re: Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby JetsFan1990 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

No, I think that would look strange. Endure your misfortune. :lol:

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby Lwoods » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:04 pm

Do you have a middle name that would clear up any confusion?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Lwoods wrote:Do you have a middle name that would clear up any confusion?


Yes. I do...would I just use that middle name instead of my first?

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby 20130312 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lwoods wrote:Do you have a middle name that would clear up any confusion?


Yes. I do...would I just use that middle name instead of my first?


Don't you think the more reasonable option is to put both your first and middle name? And hell, throw the last name on there too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:14 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lwoods wrote:Do you have a middle name that would clear up any confusion?


Yes. I do...would I just use that middle name instead of my first?


Don't you think the more reasonable option is to put both your first and middle name? And hell, throw the last name on there too.


Haha. I do keep all names on my resume...but the we still have the problem with the first name. The first name is what I believe throw people off.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273142
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Should I put Mr. on my resume?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:16 pm

I am a girl with an ambiguous first name and equally ambiguous middle name. (Already have gotten a few letters/emails to Mr. ___)

I added that I'm in the Women's Law group at my school but is there anything else I should do to clear it up?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.