How Long After Callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How Long After Callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:08 pm

So how long after you do a callback interview should you inquire as to whether a decision was made. I did one 3 weeks ago (Pre-OCI) and I haven't heard a peep. I don't want to bother them, but it would be nice to know whether I should hold out hope or just move on.

On the same note, who should I contact to ask, if that's your answer? Recruiting coordinator or one of the attorneys I met with?

Thanks

Diamond

Re: How Long After Callback?

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 pm

I think it's been long enough to inquire, but they may be waiting for recruiting to actually start. You were really early.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:13 pm

i'm actually in the same position, did a cb in my home market (where i worked the first half of the summer) in June, haven't heard a peep yet. but i don't want to hear back until at least the start of oci because i don't want that offer to expire while i'm in the processing of looking at other firms via the oci process...it might be good to wait. just my two cents.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:i'm actually in the same position, did a cb in my home market (where i worked the first half of the summer) in June, haven't heard a peep yet. but i don't want to hear back until at least the start of oci because i don't want that offer to expire while i'm in the processing of looking at other firms via the oci process...it might be good to wait. just my two cents.
I'm thinking the same thing because my OCI starts in about a week and I'd like to have a better idea what my options are. But at the same time I agree with the above poster that it's about time.

Should I just contact the recruiting coordinator of the firm? The only other person I could contact is one of the partners I interviewed with and I'm a bit nervous about bothering him.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 am

Just email the recruiter and say you forgot to ask about next steps at your callback, and you're wondering when they might be contacting you further regarding your application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”