The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear ANYTHING from Fulbright?


Nothing here...getting close to 3 weeks


Anyone else think the Fulbright NY office was a WEIRD place?


The partners I met were extremely personable, the associates less so. The office itself didn't strike me as weird so much as really quiet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Kilpatrick ding via snail mail.
Done, y'all. Will accept an offer tomorrow and bail on all other possibilities.
Best of luck to everyone!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear ANYTHING from Fulbright?


Nothing here...getting close to 3 weeks


Anyone else think the Fulbright NY office was a WEIRD place?


The partners I met were extremely personable, the associates less so. The office itself didn't strike me as weird so much as really quiet.


Exact opposite experience re partners and associates -- but totally agree on the quietness. I noticed the modern Japanese style in the lobby. So maybe it's a Zen thing? :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else on hold by every firm you had a cb with?


Yep. And have been told by some friends inside the firms that it's because "they like you, but they've got too many people sitting on offers."


So... Do you think we will end up with anything?


I know enough 3Ls that have told me they had to wait until Columbus Day or later for their ONE offer to believe that if you have a decent number of callbacks that went well, you have good odds. Some firms have school "quotas," and will have "spots" for schools (not as a rule, but in general practice) especially for the non-T14, so odds are even better for us "second choicers" when those Fordham kids with lots of offers let go of them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else on hold by every firm you had a cb with?


Yep. And have been told by some friends inside the firms that it's because "they like you, but they've got too many people sitting on offers."


So... Do you think we will end up with anything?


I know enough 3Ls that have told me they had to wait until Columbus Day or later for their ONE offer to believe that if you have a decent number of callbacks that went well, you have good odds. Some firms have school "quotas," and will have "spots" for schools (not as a rule, but in general practice) especially for the non-T14, so odds are even better for us "second choicers" when those Fordham kids with lots of offers let go of them.


And I think firms are required by NALP to notify you of their decision either way, so if you haven't heard, they're still considering you. Those stock rejection letters/emails aren't hard to send.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm


Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I know enough 3Ls that have told me they had to wait until Columbus Day or later for their ONE offer to believe that if you have a decent number of callbacks that went well, you have good odds. Some firms have school "quotas," and will have "spots" for schools (not as a rule, but in general practice) especially for the non-T14, so odds are even better for us "second choicers" when those Fordham kids with lots of offers let go of them.
[/quote][/quote][/quote]


I really hope this is true because as of now I have to be setting some sort of record for striking out with my number of callbacks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 am

I know of at least one other person in the same position as me, but has anyone else heard post-cb from Troutman Sanders?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know of at least one other person in the same position as me, but has anyone else heard post-cb from Troutman Sanders?


I know of an offer that happened two weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 pm

has anyone heard from kelley drye or brown rudnick at all post callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:25 pm

any recent movement?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:37 pm

SNR Denton or Olshan Grundman offers?

User avatar
tedalbany
Posts: 1697
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby tedalbany » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Image

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Anyone who interviewed / callbacked w/ Bracewell through mass mail hear anything back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Anyone hear back from Lerner David or Cooper Dunham?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Lerner David or Cooper Dunham?


I had a screener with Cooper 2 weeks ago and still no word. I get the feeling their hiring isn't terribly organized, the guy ask me "soooo, you looking for a summer associate position or something?"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 am

any updates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 am

Did anyone else have a CB with cullen and dykman?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Lerner David or Cooper Dunham?


I had a screener with Cooper 2 weeks ago and still no word. I get the feeling their hiring isn't terribly organized, the guy ask me "soooo, you looking for a summer associate position or something?"


I'm not sure if a request for more documents by Lerner David counts as hearing back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Anyone else mail firms for updates then get immediate dings after not hearing back since OCI?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 pm

everyone out there done hearing one way or another from firms yet or are there some people still waiting?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:everyone out there done hearing one way or another from firms yet or are there some people still waiting?


Haven't heard from Clifford Chance post-screener or Cadwalader post-cb.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:49 am

Just finally got a ding from Bracewell. Still waiting on Fulbright & Jaworski and Bingham post-CB. As well as Mintz (but for a SA position in Boston). With these three firms I'm now @ a month post-CB--I've checked in with them and they all tell me I'm still under consideration, FWIW.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just finally got a ding from Bracewell. Still waiting on Fulbright & Jaworski and Bingham post-CB. As well as Mintz (but for a SA position in Boston). With these three firms I'm now @ a month post-CB--I've checked in with them and they all tell me I'm still under consideration, FWIW.


were you the one who got bracewell through mass mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just finally got a ding from Bracewell. Still waiting on Fulbright & Jaworski and Bingham post-CB. As well as Mintz (but for a SA position in Boston). With these three firms I'm now @ a month post-CB--I've checked in with them and they all tell me I'm still under consideration, FWIW.


were you the one who got bracewell through mass mail?


Yessir... pity too, I thought they really liked me...




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.