The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How can you tell if you were a preselect or if you got a screener by lottery?


If you ranked a firm below 15, high odds that they preselected you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:people who were bracewell pre-select or ppl generally with cbs there mind posting general stats?


I was preselect (ranked them at 31), top 25-28%, secondary. Some connection to the home office, but nothing very solid. No word on a cb though.


hm... so have they just not done any CBs yet? or just no rejections yet?


I was preselect, ranked them 28, was top 40ish percent before summer but am in better shape after summer grades. I sent them those grades once I got them, which was after the initial interview.

I have heard nothing about a CB, and I also emailed them about a week ago and they never responded. Offer tracker doesn't have them giving any CBs last year, though it was the Houston office. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on these guys.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 am

Anyone on here a Dechert preselect without a callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone on here a Dechert preselect without a callback?


me... just around top 10% and ranked them pretty low and nothing from them...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone on here a Dechert preselect without a callback?


me... just around top 10% and ranked them pretty low and nothing from them...


Perhaps Fordham top 10% don't typically accept offers and Dechert's trying to be more efficient with callbacks this year? I know someone who was preselect, just barely top 1/3 there who has already had a callback with them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Has anyone heard anything today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 pm

I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Chadbourne. Anyone? Bueller?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court


i think its still a "screener" just so you know even though its at the firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Bracewell ding by snail mail today

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bracewell ding by snail mail today


sorry to hear. stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:15 am

i know some people got dinged by this interviewer already, but is anyone else still waiting on Kaye Scholer (CS)? It's been about 3 weeks since I interviewed with the screener and still no word.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Bracewell ding by snail mail today


sorry to hear. stats?


No worries, I was expecting it, haha. This was me:

I was preselect (ranked them at 31), top 25-28%, secondary. Some connection to the home office, but nothing very solid. No word on a cb though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Any post-CB news from Seward?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court


i think its still a "screener" just so you know even though its at the firm.

Hmm. I'm meeting with more than one attorney for more than an hour. Is that how at-firm screeners go? (I'm honestly unsure, not trying to be a dick)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Are you guys still bidding on fall week OCI? I am wondering if not a lot of people are bidding, or if firms just actually like me on paper, because I've been scheduled for interviews with 2 out of the 4 firms I've bid for so far.

For what its worth - I'm below median, substantial WE, secondary journal.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RowJimmy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby RowJimmy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are you guys still bidding on fall week OCI? I am wondering if not a lot of people are bidding, or if firms just actually like me on paper, because I've been scheduled for interviews with 2 out of the 4 firms I've bid for so far.


Basically all law review people are done/set in terms of callbacks they have and it's only a matter of time. My 3L "mentor" who's on LR said last year he only bid on one firm for post-EIW OCI and that was Wilkie. They ended up scheduling him the same time as a callback and he canceled.

Long story short, much less competition with the cream of the crop.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:12 pm

RowJimmy wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Are you guys still bidding on fall week OCI? I am wondering if not a lot of people are bidding, or if firms just actually like me on paper, because I've been scheduled for interviews with 2 out of the 4 firms I've bid for so far.


Basically all law review people are done/set in terms of callbacks they have and it's only a matter of time. My 3L "mentor" who's on LR said last year he only bid on one firm for post-EIW OCI and that was Wilkie. They ended up scheduling him the same time as a callback and he canceled.

Long story short, much less competition with the cream of the crop.

LR membership accounts for under 15% of the class. Many firms definitely hire outside of the top 10% and there are many people in the top 30% who are obviously not on LR. There also ARE quite a few people on LR who do not have offers yet.

I see what you're getting at, but I don't necessarily agree.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court


are you going in for it this week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court


i think its still a "screener" just so you know even though its at the firm.

Hmm. I'm meeting with more than one attorney for more than an hour. Is that how at-firm screeners go? (I'm honestly unsure, not trying to be a dick)


I got a call today to meet with the hiring partner, as well. I wonder why they're extending more screener interviews to Fordham kids. They did interview on campus, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court


i think its still a "screener" just so you know even though its at the firm.

Hmm. I'm meeting with more than one attorney for more than an hour. Is that how at-firm screeners go? (I'm honestly unsure, not trying to be a dick)


I got a call today to meet with the hiring partner, as well. I wonder why they're extending more screener interviews to Fordham kids. They did interview on campus, right?


yep... stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I mass mailed Bracewell and sent an application in on August 12, and I just got a callback.

Top 25-30%, no journal or moot court


are you going in for it this week?

Yep, I'm going in tomorrow. It's with a partner and an associate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 pm

[/quote]

I got a call today to meet with the hiring partner, as well. I wonder why they're extending more screener interviews to Fordham kids. They did interview on campus, right?[/quote]

yep... stats?[/quote]

Top 1/3rd, secondary journal, substantial litigation work experience.

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby fitzgerald86 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 am

I like the Snail Mail rejection letters that slowly trickle in... I'm thinking about making wallpaper out of them. The stationary is so fancy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273478
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 am

Anyone hear from any firms today?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.