The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:48 pm

NO ONE has heard form dechert still?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:53 pm

I think its pretty safe to assume ding at this point.

Edit: I don't mean this in a bad way but in most (not all) circumstances the time is long enough to start expecting/assuming dings.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:01 pm

How's OCI at fordham this year? better than last year?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How's OCI at fordham this year? better than last year?


--ImageRemoved--

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How's OCI at fordham this year? better than last year?

The small, self-selected sample that posts here is a poor gauge - it's really too soon to tell.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I know someone who has a cb with WSGR. Really nice person.


NY or Palo Alto?


Not sure, but I think NY.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How's OCI at fordham this year? better than last year?


--ImageRemoved--


Nice use of the anon feature, you mark.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 am

i go to nyu. i had a dechert oci interview 8/17 and it's been radio silence. i've heard of my nyu peers getting CBs, though. anyone deal with k&l gates?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:09 pm

any post-cb news?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Has anyone had a cb with Chadbourne, yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm

people who were bracewell pre-select or ppl generally with cbs there mind posting general stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:12 pm

tedalbany wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
tedalbany wrote:Oh well if JenDarby knows someone then I guess that settles it. L O FUCKING L at median/submedian at Fordham getting biglaw without major connections (you know who you are).

I'm not claiming to be any authority on the matter, but I doubt these guys got "pity callbacks."


I'm not the only person in this grade range having this experience either. And CPC gave the ok on my bidlist and I even ran it by some 3Ls. So yeah if things are this shitty in the 15-25% range then I just assume something is going on with the submedian kids you know. I know of one person below median who has CBs and (s)he got them by meeting some dude who's been getting him/her in everywhere. I'm sure (s)he's reading this too.



yup, I am reading it :) you sound bitter.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
tedalbany wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
tedalbany wrote:Oh well if JenDarby knows someone then I guess that settles it. L O FUCKING L at median/submedian at Fordham getting biglaw without major connections (you know who you are).

I'm not claiming to be any authority on the matter, but I doubt these guys got "pity callbacks."


I'm not the only person in this grade range having this experience either. And CPC gave the ok on my bidlist and I even ran it by some 3Ls. So yeah if things are this shitty in the 15-25% range then I just assume something is going on with the submedian kids you know. I know of one person below median who has CBs and (s)he got them by meeting some dude who's been getting him/her in everywhere. I'm sure (s)he's reading this too.



yup, I am reading it :) you sound bitter.

sure does. I also know someone with a sub-3.0 with a CB without any connections whatsoever.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby nygrrrl » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm

General warning to all in this thread:
I know this is a tough cycle (I'm going through it, too) and tensions are super high... but the anon feature is not to be used for anything but potentially sensitive information. Not to pick on one poster in particular - this just happens to be the post that jumped out at me - but suggesting that someone is bitter is not an appropriate use of the feature.
Hang in there guys.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:people who were bracewell pre-select or ppl generally with cbs there mind posting general stats?


I was preselect (ranked them at 31), top 25-28%, secondary. Some connection to the home office, but nothing very solid. No word on a cb though.

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 pm

How many callbacks does everyone think you need in order to guarantee at least one offer? I have 3.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 pm

fitzgerald86 wrote:How many callbacks does everyone think you need in order to guarantee at least one offer? I have 3.


I think conventional TLS wisdom would say you are never safe until you have an offer, but I also think it depends on the callback: offer ratio of the firms. check out the offer tracker... if the firms have 10-20% offer rate obviously you can feel a little less safe than if your cb firms each are very high.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:people who were bracewell pre-select or ppl generally with cbs there mind posting general stats?


I was preselect (ranked them at 31), top 25-28%, secondary. Some connection to the home office, but nothing very solid. No word on a cb though.


hm... so have they just not done any CBs yet? or just no rejections yet?

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:50 pm

My completed callbacks are Dechert and Fulbright. Haven't heard anything from them yet. Bingham this upcoming week.

Also have callbacks with Mintz Levin and Pepper Hamilton, but for the Boston and Philadelphia offices, respectively.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 pm

fitzgerald86 wrote:How many callbacks does everyone think you need in order to guarantee at least one offer? I have 3.

Odds are good in getting an offer from three, but still no guarantee. You've got to nail these CBs. I had five, but ended up with only one offer.

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:54 pm

It looks like Dechert has a pretty high callback-offer ratio, compared to a lot of the other firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:57 pm

fitzgerald86 wrote:It looks like Dechert has a pretty high callback-offer ratio, compared to a lot of the other firms.


definitely. however, seems this year might be a bit different just from talking to people/looking at this thread. last year it looked like they called back most of their preselects but this year a lot of preselects havent heard which is basically a ding... not sure what that means - could still just mean that they only called back a small amount to keep up their high offer rate.

fitzgerald86
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby fitzgerald86 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:How many callbacks does everyone think you need in order to guarantee at least one offer? I have 3.

Odds are good in getting an offer from three, but still no guarantee. You've got to nail these CBs. I had five, but ended up with only one offer.


What year did you do OCI?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

fitzgerald86 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
fitzgerald86 wrote:How many callbacks does everyone think you need in order to guarantee at least one offer? I have 3.

Odds are good in getting an offer from three, but still no guarantee. You've got to nail these CBs. I had five, but ended up with only one offer.


What year did you do OCI?

Last year.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273479
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:06 pm

How can you tell if you were a preselect or if you got a screener by lottery?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.