The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get any interviews through the hospitality suites?

No but the dude at the Venable table really made me want to work there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get any interviews through the hospitality suites?

No but the dude at the Venable table really made me want to work there.


LOVED Weil!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Having the summer associates and young associates at the hospitality tables make it more fun but its not conducive to scoring an interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get any interviews through the hospitality suites?

No but the dude at the Venable table really made me want to work there.


+1 .... Most down to earth dude I've met at OCI so far

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The fact that you're getting so worked up over someone being rude on the internet says even more.

This is dangerously close to Anon Abuse.
Consider this a warning.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Having the summer associates and young associates at the hospitality tables make it more fun but its not conducive to scoring an interview.


If that's a response to my response, I didn't say I loved Weil because of the associates at the table.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Loved Weil too, super friendly people. Fried Frank was horrible.

I'm having some trouble knowing what the hospitality suite protocol is for 1. already having interviewed (should I mention I interviewed, ask more questions, and drop off a resume) and 2. trying to express interest in the firm and asking for an interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Can someone tell me who is more important to impress at the hospitality table? The legal recruiting manager or the lawyer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Curtis, Mallet-Prevost.... did they request a writing sample from everyone they interviewed? Also, did the interviewers mention anything about a timeframe for callbacks?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:01 pm

I can't figure out whether linklaters and schiff Hardin were awkward or if I'm awkward. I talked to the Venable guy very easily, but i literally felt like i needed to drag conversation out of the ppl at those two....fried frank was cool. Didn't bother with cravath or Weil. Not realistic.

Sidenote: I'm not usually awkward lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Did fried frank mention to anyone when we should expect to hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did fried frank mention to anyone when we should expect to hear back?


Tomorrow

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Venable dude was awesome, thought we were kickin it at the bar.

Schiff Harden had the shortest answers, and you had to continually ask something to get them to respond. Very awkward on their part I think.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Curtis, Mallet-Prevost.... did they request a writing sample from everyone they interviewed? Also, did the interviewers mention anything about a timeframe for callbacks?


They asked me for a writing sample -- I assume they were taking one from everyone? No mention on callbacks. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Venable dude was awesome, thought we were kickin it at the bar.

Schiff Harden had the shortest answers, and you had to continually ask something to get them to respond. Very awkward on their part I think.

Cool so it wasn't just me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did fried frank mention to anyone when we should expect to hear back?


Tomorrow


what were the initials of your interviewer who told you that? jw...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Hmmm this is pretty weird how everything worked out.

I got 1, 3, 6, 16, 30 and 35 and also got both of my RA bids.

IP background + good WE, also already done with IPLJ year and at the 1/3 cutoff. Really kind of annoyed though that I missed out on more of my top 10, especially because 1 is a reach. Assuming 16, 30 and 35 picked me, it makes it feel even weirder that I didn't get picked by more. I also only got Patent that I bid top 10, none that I bid lower.

Pretty annoyed that I didn't get any of my middle bids though because I wouldn't have minded a lot of those, including a few where I had people hand resumes over to recruiting for me. My strategy though was mainly to put firms who didn't call back lottery bids in the 15-35 range so I guess it was expected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did fried frank mention to anyone when we should expect to hear back?


Tomorrow


what were the initials of your interviewer who told you that? jw...


Their recruiting director said that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Anyone hear from Curtis mallet prevost?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Curtis mallet prevost?


Or fried frank?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Did anyone get a callback from any firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a callback from any firm?

I know three people today that got on the spot callbacks in their interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a callback from any firm?

I know three people today that got on the spot callbacks in their interviews.


firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273183
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a callback from any firm?

I know three people today that got on the spot callbacks in their interviews.


firm?

One at Seward & Kissel and the other two were at an IP firm so I didn't even ask which it was.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Gotti » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone get a callback from any firm?

I know three people today that got on the spot callbacks in their interviews.


firm?

One at Seward & Kissel and the other two were at an IP firm so I didn't even ask which it was.

The other 2 got on-the-spot callbacks from Kenyon & Kenyon




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.