The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: The OFFICIAL Fordham 2014 OCI Season

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:32 pm

Poster with the 3.05-3.1 and 6 interviews - to respond to the earlier question, no patent firms. Sorry didn't see this until now

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Poster with the 3.05-3.1 and 6 interviews - to respond to the earlier question, no patent firms. Sorry didn't see this until now

Would you list your top ten bids for comparison?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Poster with the 3.05-3.1 and 6 interviews - to respond to the earlier question, no patent firms. Sorry didn't see this until now

Would you list your top ten bids for comparison?

Nixon Peabody
Katten Muchin
Dickstein Shapiro
Herrick, Feinstein
Seward and Kissel
Mound, Cotton, Wollan & Greengrass
Riker Danzig
Cole, Schotz
Cullen and Dykman
Baker & Hostetler

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:26 pm

Top third, no journal but many good extracurriculars (comp team,WE etc).
6 interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:24 am

Does anyone know where the hospitality suites for the firms will be located this week in the school?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 am

In the atrium except for monday.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In the atrium except for monday.

wrong.

CPC Email wrote:Q3: Where is the Hospitality Area?
The Hospitality Area will be held each day of Early Interview Week from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm in Pope Auditorium, located immediately to the right of the security desk at the main entrance of Lowenstein, except that on Monday, August 20, the Hospitality Area will be in the Platt Atrium. Below is a list of firms participating in the Hospitality Area each day of EIW.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Gotti wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:In the atrium except for monday.

wrong.

CPC Email wrote:Q3: Where is the Hospitality Area?
The Hospitality Area will be held each day of Early Interview Week from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm in Pope Auditorium, located immediately to the right of the security desk at the main entrance of Lowenstein, except that on Monday, August 20, the Hospitality Area will be in the Platt Atrium. Below is a list of firms participating in the Hospitality Area each day of EIW.

:lol: :lol:

Anonymous User reading fail.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Did anyone get multiple opt-in interviews? I got my number 14.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Is it common to get one? I didn't get any

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it common to get one? I didn't get any

I bid on Andrews Kurth, which according to CPC emails upped my chances since they dropped out post bidding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it common to get one? I didn't get any

I bid on Andrews Kurth, which according to CPC emails upped my chances since they dropped out post bidding.

Me too but I still didn't get any

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Question...

If we signed up to be a greeter, and with the SLIGHT possibility that we will get an interview from it, how much do we need to know about the firms that are coming? For example, there are 14 firms coming tomorrow that I'm interested in (6 of which I bid on but didn't get an interview with), but should I prepare as if I had an interview with them? I'm just not sure what to do, especially because there are FOURTEEN and the chances of me getting even one interview is pretty slim.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Question...

If we signed up to be a greeter, and with the SLIGHT possibility that we will get an interview from it, how much do we need to know about the firms that are coming? For example, there are 14 firms coming tomorrow that I'm interested in (6 of which I bid on but didn't get an interview with), but should I prepare as if I had an interview with them? I'm just not sure what to do, especially because there are FOURTEEN and the chances of me getting even one interview is pretty slim.

They aren't going to quiz you about the firm when you greet them ... just be nice, polite, make small talk, then give them ur shit. It isn't rocket science.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

They aren't going to quiz you about the firm when you greet them ... just be nice, polite, make small talk, then give them ur shit. It isn't rocket science.

It's not rocket science to understand that the person was pretty clearly asking if they should prepare heavily for the possible INTERVIEW, not for asking for it.

If you get an interview it will likely be at the end of the day or around lunch time. The chances are fairly slim they will have time to sit with you right there on the spot (though I have heard of it happening).

I wouldn't stress out about preparing for too many firm specific questions for every firm. In an on the spot screener you will be fine with general interview preparation. If your screener ends up at the end of the day or lunchtime you should have plenty of time to do some quick recon before it if you would like.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:59 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

It's not rocket science to understand that the person was pretty clearly asking if they should prepare heavily for the possible INTERVIEW, not for asking for it.

If you get an interview it will likely be at the end of the day or around lunch time. The chances are fairly slim they will have time to sit with you right there on the spot (though I have heard of it happening).

I wouldn't stress out about preparing for too many firm specific questions for every firm. In an on the spot screener you will be fine with general interview preparation. If your screener ends up at the end of the day or lunchtime you should have plenty of time to do some quick recon before it if you would like.

Yes, this is an answer I was going for. Thanks.

The lack of reading comprehension in this thread....

DrGuano

Postby DrGuano » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:04 pm

The assignments are generally random and I remember talking to friends last year who did it ... one ended up greeting a firm that specializes in aviation law. She had no interest in that, but took the interview anyway. Could go any number of ways.

Just follow the advice of the posters above...be courteous, warm, respectful, etc. and see where it goes. Somewhat of a hail mary, so just think of it as a little bonus shot at grabbing an extra interview. If it works out, incredible, and if not, don't sweat it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes, this is an answer I was going for. Thanks.

The lack of reading comprehension in this thread....

How is that any different than my answer? You were asking if you should prepare for all 14, obviously no. Just be a normal person and if you get something then prep for it. If it's on the spot they probably won't expect you to know all the details on the firm.

The derp in this thread...

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How is that any different than my answer? You were asking if you should prepare for all 14, obviously no. Just be a normal person and if you get something then prep for it. If it's on the spot they probably won't expect you to know all the details on the firm.

Your inability to recognize that your initial answer was not really helpful, whereas now you've reiterated what I said in a more rude manner, says a lot. Using anon simply to respond rudely to other posters legitimate questions is unnecessary and sad.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:39 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How is that any different than my answer? You were asking if you should prepare for all 14, obviously no. Just be a normal person and if you get something then prep for it. If it's on the spot they probably won't expect you to know all the details on the firm.

Your inability to recognize that your initial answer was not really helpful, whereas now you've reiterated what I said in a more rude manner, says a lot. Using anon simply to respond rudely to other posters legitimate questions is unnecessary and sad.

The fact that you're getting so worked up over someone being rude on the internet says even more.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
JenDarby wrote:

The fact that you're getting so worked up over someone being rude on the internet says even more.

Telling someone they don't need to be rude and insulting is being worked up? You must have a terribly short fuse ha. You don't have to take this so seriously and hide behind anon.

Take a breath, calm down, and try not to be so hostile in your interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:57 pm

bumping

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Anyone get a callback already?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm curious if anyone got any greeter interviews today. I had initially signed up for everyday but I dropped some days where I wasn't terribly interested in the firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Did anyone get any interviews through the hospitality suites?

Return to “Legal Employment”