Asia SA programs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Asia SA programs

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:04 am

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows which law firms (maybe a definitive list if possible) hire SAs for their Asia offices? I've done much research(including going to official websites of firms with large Asia presences) and I am still having trouble locating which firms actually hire directly for their Asia offices and not for split summers.

Anonymous User

Re: Asia SA programs

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 am

Many firms have Asia offices and hire directly into them. In some firms, each office recruits separately, meaning that you will be a summer in an Asian office and be expected to start there following graduation. Others let you split, and the issue of where you start is based on firm needs and personal preference. The following firms have summers in Asian offices in some capacity:

Skadden
S&C
DPW
STB
Cleary
Weil
Shearman
Milbank
O'Melveny
MoFo
CC
A&O
Freshfields
Herbert Smith

This is not exhaustive, it is just firms I know of. There are a few others I have heard of hiring straight into Asian offices but am not sure if they have SAs. Will edit as people add to the list.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nevdash

Postby nevdash » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:31 am

I know somebody who was hired as an SA in A&O's Tokyo office.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 am

Know someone who did full summer at MoFo Tokyo

target

Postby target » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Don't quote me on this, but I think Mayer Brown also hires for their foreign offices

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:06 pm

tracking

Return to “Legal Employment”