UChicago OCI 2012

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:36 pm

Skadden NYC phone CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Katten CB (by email)


Can you share initials of screener?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:47 pm

Anyone get a Kirkland Chi CB from initials KM and HW?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden NYC phone CB


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Orrick NYC CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm

OMM century city ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 pm

Wilson Sonsini PA cb call

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:47 am

lol @ my Sidley Chicago snail mail ding. Maybe the worst interviewers I've had so far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:50 am

Wachtell snail mail ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 am

Baker Hostetler DC CB yesterday

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:42 am

Drinker Biddle Chi snail mail ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Jenner Chi has a cb dinner this Wednesday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:23 pm

I figured that most firms would want to get their callbacks out before Labor Day weekend, but am basing that assumption on almost nothing. Is there any 3L creeping on these boards that could comment on the number/likelihood of callbacks after this weekend?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I figured that most firms would want to get their callbacks out before Labor Day weekend, but am basing that assumption on almost nothing. Is there any 3L creeping on these boards that could comment on the number/likelihood of callbacks after this weekend?


I interviewed almost solely with NYC last year and I'm pretty sure that every NYC firm had given out and completed callbacks before the Labor Day weekend.

User avatar
a11 1n
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:48 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby a11 1n » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I figured that most firms would want to get their callbacks out before Labor Day weekend, but am basing that assumption on almost nothing. Is there any 3L creeping on these boards that could comment on the number/likelihood of callbacks after this weekend?


I interviewed almost solely with NYC last year and I'm pretty sure that every NYC firm had given out and completed callbacks before the Labor Day weekend.


Just a casual scroll through last year's thread will completely discredit the idiotic general statement from the wise and vetted 3L. Its stuff like this that creates unnecessary panic.

Last year, the following firms came out on just the Tuesday after labor day:

Kramer Levin
King & Spalding
Baker & Hostetle
Jenner Chicago
DPW
Gunderson Dettmer SV
V&E Houston
Cadwalader NY

So yes it happens. Sitting at 0-2 CB's at this stage is tough, and that might be what you end up with, but it is certainly not over.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Skadden NY CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Could anyone with a Jenner CB post their room number? Thanks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Skadden NY CB

Today?

casmsmi
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby casmsmi » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I figured that most firms would want to get their callbacks out before Labor Day weekend, but am basing that assumption on almost nothing. Is there any 3L creeping on these boards that could comment on the number/likelihood of callbacks after this weekend?


I interviewed almost solely with NYC last year and I'm pretty sure that every NYC firm had given out and completed callbacks before the Labor Day weekend.


Just a casual scroll through last year's thread will completely discredit the idiotic general statement from the wise and vetted 3L. Its stuff like this that creates unnecessary panic.

Last year, the following firms came out on just the Tuesday after labor day:

Kramer Levin
King & Spalding
Baker & Hostetle
Jenner Chicago
DPW
Gunderson Dettmer SV
V&E Houston
Cadwalader NY

So yes it happens. Sitting at 0-2 CB's at this stage is tough, and that might be what you end up with, but it is certainly not over.


Jesus Christ, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not sure why you're giving V&E Houston and Gunderson SV as examples of why I'm so wrong. I do remember DPW coming a little later, although they seem to have finished up all their callback calls days ago this year. I didn't interview with Cadwalader last year—they might have done calls after the holiday weekend, I don't know. I didn't keep tabs on every single firm and my memory isn't perfect. I'm pretty sure that, this year, every major NYC biglaw firm has made (and very likely finished) callback calls. Sorry that OCI didn't go as well as you would have liked, bro.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Skadden NY CB

Today?



Yes

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I figured that most firms would want to get their callbacks out before Labor Day weekend, but am basing that assumption on almost nothing. Is there any 3L creeping on these boards that could comment on the number/likelihood of callbacks after this weekend?


I interviewed almost solely with NYC last year and I'm pretty sure that every NYC firm had given out and completed callbacks before the Labor Day weekend.


Just a casual scroll through last year's thread will completely discredit the idiotic general statement from the wise and vetted 3L. Its stuff like this that creates unnecessary panic.

Last year, the following firms came out on just the Tuesday after labor day:

Kramer Levin
King & Spalding
Baker & Hostetle
Jenner Chicago
DPW
Gunderson Dettmer SV
V&E Houston
Cadwalader NY

So yes it happens. Sitting at 0-2 CB's at this stage is tough, and that might be what you end up with, but it is certainly not over.


Jesus Christ, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not sure why you're giving V&E Houston and Gunderson SV as examples of why I'm so wrong. I do remember DPW coming a little later, although they seem to have finished up all their callback calls days ago this year. I didn't interview with Cadwalader last year—they might have done calls after the holiday weekend, I don't know. I didn't keep tabs on every single firm and my memory isn't perfect. I'm pretty sure that, this year, every major NYC biglaw firm has made (and very likely finished) callback calls. Sorry that OCI didn't go as well as you would have liked, bro.


I just posted firms that issued callbacks after Labor Day for people's reference. You said every NYC firm had wrapped up CBs by the weekend and that is just not true. Its unverified blanket statements based on personal experience like the one you shared which create the TLS groupthink that undermines an otherwise useful forum for information sharing.

casmsmi
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby casmsmi » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I interviewed almost solely with NYC last year and I'm pretty sure that every NYC firm had given out and completed callbacks before the Labor Day weekend.


Just a casual scroll through last year's thread will completely discredit the idiotic general statement from the wise and vetted 3L. Its stuff like this that creates unnecessary panic.

Last year, the following firms came out on just the Tuesday after labor day:

Kramer Levin
King & Spalding
Baker & Hostetle
Jenner Chicago
DPW
Gunderson Dettmer SV
V&E Houston
Cadwalader NY

So yes it happens. Sitting at 0-2 CB's at this stage is tough, and that might be what you end up with, but it is certainly not over.


Jesus Christ, don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not sure why you're giving V&E Houston and Gunderson SV as examples of why I'm so wrong. I do remember DPW coming a little later, although they seem to have finished up all their callback calls days ago this year. I didn't interview with Cadwalader last year—they might have done calls after the holiday weekend, I don't know. I didn't keep tabs on every single firm and my memory isn't perfect. I'm pretty sure that, this year, every major NYC biglaw firm has made (and very likely finished) callback calls. Sorry that OCI didn't go as well as you would have liked, bro.


I just posted firms that issued callbacks after Labor Day for people's reference. You said every NYC firm had wrapped up CBs by the weekend and that is just not true. Its unverified blanket statements based on personal experience like the one you shared which create the TLS groupthink that undermines an otherwise useful forum for information sharing.


WRONG. I said that I was "pretty sure," which would seem to clearly indicate that it should not be taken as a factual statement, rather one based off of the (imperfect) memory of a 3L. Furthermore, it should also have been incredibly clear that I was discussing NYC firms, thus giving no need to even bring up firms like V&E Houston and Gunderson SV in a reply to my post.

Yeah, I'm sure that TLS would be a terrific resource if only every person recounting opinion or personal recollection was disallowed from doing so unless he or she was literally 100 percent certain that said opinion or personal recollection was verifiable fact. Learn to read and understand when people are making factual statements and when people are making (perhaps imperfect) statements clearly drawn from personal memory.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Take it somewhere else, dongs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:WRONG. I said that I was "pretty sure," which would seem to clearly indicate that it should not be taken as a factual statement, rather one based off of the (imperfect) memory of a 3L. Furthermore, it should also have been incredibly clear that I was discussing NYC firms, thus giving no need to even bring up firms like V&E Houston and Gunderson SV in a reply to my post.

Yeah, I'm sure that TLS would be a terrific resource if only every person recounting opinion or personal recollection was disallowed from doing so unless he or she was literally 100 percent certain that said opinion or personal recollection was verifiable fact. You're supposed to be a law student. Learn to read and understand when people are making factual statements and when people are making (perhaps imperfect) statements clearly drawn from personal memory.


Again, I brought up the other firms because I was already reviewing the posts and figured the information would be useful to other people. Maybe you should spend 5 minutes verifying your (evidently imperfect) opinions and recollections before spewing them on a forum. Feel free to have the last word because I'm going to conjure up some will power and stop contributing to this painfully useless exchange.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273409
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: UChicago OCI 2012: The Aftermath

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Kirkland Chi CB. Today.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.