patent troll-side

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

patent troll-side

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 pm

what's the take on working at desmarais llp or tensegrity law group? anyone have insight on how comp works at these firms?

i know desmarais made a splash with 180k, but i'd rather go somewhere traditional with the prospect of making my own book of business somewhere down the line than these shops, where no way in hell am I going to get any client contact.

Just curious if anyone here had any thoughts regarding these firms.

Re: patent troll-side

Postby fatduck » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 pm

i know a lot about this. i'll pm you.

i was just making fun of OP for posting this anonymously for no reason. stop pming me.
Last edited by fatduck on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Don't for a second let the TLS boutique dick sucking masses convince you that you do anything more than scare companies into licensing fees with patent portfolios.

The pay is good, and amazing if you make partner. But you won't get an iota of trial experience and you'll never build a book.

I don't think these places are particularly bad places to work. Can be amazing for some people. Just depends on what you're looking for. Also, I wonder if their models will be ruined by legislation, but I admittedly know zilch about this.

Postby adina728 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 am

Nice Post…Thanks For sharing the info.

Return to “Legal Employment”