mass mail success?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

mass mail success?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Top 15% from Fordham + secondary journal ... mass mailed all of the v10-100 firms that I didnt bid on for OCI that have NY summer programs so around 35 firms.. should I expect to hear back from any? any chance for an interview with any? also, if they are rejecting you do they let you know or do you just never heard from them again? Also, suggestions for where else to mass mail?

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: mass mail success?

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm

yes, yes, you never hear, martindale + chambers and partners + vault + NLJ large law firms list

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: mass mail success?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:20 pm

thesealocust wrote:yes, yes, you never hear, martindale + chambers and partners + vault + NLJ large law firms list


Any idea when NYC big law tends to contact people? I'm top 5% at a strong T30 schools and LR, and haven't had any luck mass mailing to this poiint

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: mass mail success?

Postby thesealocust » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
thesealocust wrote:yes, yes, you never hear, martindale + chambers and partners + vault + NLJ large law firms list


Any idea when NYC big law tends to contact people? I'm top 5% at a strong T30 schools and LR, and haven't had any luck mass mailing to this poiint


It's pretty early still. I got my first bites from massmailing right around the same time OCI started at my school. They can come any time though, including late in the fall as firms might have an under-subscribed class.

Success rate is also very low, you won't hear from a large majority of the firms you send letters to.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: mass mail success?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 pm

thesealocust wrote: It's pretty early still. I got my first bites from massmailing right around the same time OCI started at my school. They can come any time though, including late in the fall as firms might have an under-subscribed class.

Success rate is also very low, you won't hear from a large majority of the firms you send letters to.


Interested in this for DC, if anyone has any experience from DC mass-mailing success?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273574
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: mass mail success?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:59 pm

wouldn't the firms just say that you should have bid on them?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: mass mail success?

Postby rad lulz » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:wouldn't the firms just say that you should have bid on them?

Some firms don't come to your OCI but would still consider you.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.