V10 and WE

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

V10 and WE

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Does anyone know which V10 firms tend to be more selective in terms of work experience? I'm from a T30 that went straight through and was preselected at Sull Crom, Cravath, Weil, Cleary, and Skadden.

I'm going to have to turn down 1-2 of these because I have more preselects than I have slots to interview. I'm trying to figure out which ones are most likely to ding me due to lack of (interesting) work experience.

Anonymous User

Re: V10 and WE

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which V10 firms tend to be more selective in terms of work experience? I'm from a T30 that went straight through and was preselected at Sull Crom, Cravath, Weil, Cleary, and Skadden.

I'm going to have to turn down 1-2 of these because I have more preselects than I have slots to interview. I'm trying to figure out which ones are most likely to ding me due to lack of (interesting) work experience.

If they preselected you, they have read your resume. If you get dinged, it will likely be because of your personality, not because of your resume (though the two are often related). If you got preselected at those firms from a T30, you must have great grades. If I were you, I would decline those firms which are most likely to interview a wider swath of students (and thus, more likely to consider factors other than grades and more likely to consider students who engage in activities other than school, like socializing).

I am faced with a similar dilemma with almost all those same firms, so I would like advice from someone with more experience with those firms.

Return to “Legal Employment”